9. Breathless - Kendal

Me and Charlie roam the streets of New York, he keeps telling that he has never seen a place this beautiful. I agree. I have never seen a place this beautiful too.

We finally get home after a lot of food and walking. We are so tired, that we both fall onto the couch as we enter.

"I had so much fun, Kendal," he says laughing.

"Yeah, me too," I say, "I am so tired."

We probably walked half of the New York, my legs are aching and my eyes are way too tired to open.

"No, you are not!" he says tickling me, I laugh instantly. Tickling each other has been our thing. I don't know, it just makes us laugh way too hard.

"Yes! I am and you are going to pay for this!"

"We'll see," he says tickling me harder, I try to push him but he doesn't budge. He's on top of me, somehow.

"Ok! Ok! I am not tired anymore," I say and surrender, I am really not tired anymore.

He stops tickling me and my stomach aches from too much laughing, he laughs looking at me. I scowl at him, "my stomach hurts, Charlie!"

"Sorry," he says and stops laughing. He comes closer to me, too close. If he comes any closer, our lips would be touching.

My heart races and I forget how to breathe.

He crashes his lips against mine and we are kissing. Just like that.

This is not normal for us. My hands weave through his hair, pulling him closer. I could feel my heart beat faster. Never in a million years, had I thought that Charlie Gray would kiss me.

He places a kiss on my chin and then places them all the way to my collarbone; I suck my breath in at the touch of his lips. He looks up at me; I have to tell he looks gorgeous.

He removes his t-shirt, and comes back to my lips. I touch his back, he jerks at the sudden touch but starts kissing me again.

He unbuttons my shirt and I pull back breaking the kiss, "Charlie?"

"Yeah?" His voice is raspy, which makes me crave him more.

"I think we should, just... stop," I say biting my lower lip. "Hope, that's ok with you."

He takes a deep breath in and sits up straight, "I am sorry, I-I wasn't thinking, sorry. Really."

"It's ok; I just can't take things fast."

He nods as I sit up, "I understand, Ken."

I hug him, "I love you."

"I love you more," he says placing a kiss on my forehead and leaves to change.

I sit there staring into nothingness, I just feel like I am betraying her. I just can't be with him without her picture crossing my mind. I love Charlie, I really do. But I feel like I might hurt him, that I am not good enough for him.

What if he still thinks of her?

I just can't hurt him; it'd break my heart if I did.

"Ken? Why are you crying?" Charlie asks, I didn't know I was crying. I wipe my eyes.

"Nothing," I say and get up.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asks coming closer to me, "Just tell me."

"I-I just feel like I might hurt you, I feel like I don't deserve you," I say crying harder.

He pulls me closer to him, "you can never hurt me, you understand?"

He makes me look at him by pulling my chin up, "I love you and I am not saying this to make you feel better, I am saying this because I really do. Nothing can make me change this. You made me better; you pulled me out of the darkness I was in. And I wouldn't care to do the same to you"

I just look at him frozen, his grey eyes deep and dark. He pushes my hair and places a small kiss on my lips. "It's getting late, Ken."

"I don't care," I say and start tickling him. "Now, that's what you get from earlier"

He laughs, which sounds heavenly. This is what I need, just making peaceful memories with this beautiful boy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AAAAA Did you just realized what happened?

Ah, hope you did!

Love & Hugs,

Yaz ♥