11. The Bonding - Kendal

I wait for Blue at the library entrance after classes so I could pick her up; we planned to hang out at my house today. She seems so much like me yet different.

I take my phone to look through the texts to see if I got any from Blue, I unlock it and it opens the home screen flashing the picture of me and Charlie from prom. I am kissing him on the cheek and he's smiling widely. Good times, I smile thinking back to the time we took it.

Someone waves their hand in front of me, it's Blue. "Hey, ready to go?"

"Yeah," I reply. I notice that she's wearing a pair of faded blue jeans, plain black crop top and white sneakers. Her hair is in a neat pony and her blue eyes are blazing. I just notice that she has beautiful eyes, which just makes her features pop.

"You look very beautiful," I say appreciating her.

"You too, I really love your outfit," she says. I am just wearing a yellow sundress which hits right at my ankle. It's just a normal dress.

"Thank you."

The ride home is silent; I can tell that Blue is admiring the city. "You haven't seen New York yet, have you?"

She looks at me and smiles a shy smile, "yes, I haven't. I don't have anyone who would take me. Have you looked around?"

"Yeah, I have. Me and Charlie just walk the streets every night," I say. I remember last night. It's just a remarkable day for me. I could never forget that it happened.

"That sounds amazing," she says and looks out the window again.

"You could come if you want, Charlie wouldn't mind." And I truly mean it, I am in need of someone who I could talk freely about, Charlie is there but I need a friend. I don't know if it's a habit or I am just too desperate to share my life with someone.

Her eyes perk up in joy, "really? You guys wouldn't mind?" she asks.

"No we wouldn't," I say smiling. "We don't know much people here, so it'd be nice to get to know you."

"Charlie seems to know people," she says.

"Well, he knows. But I am not close to them."

"I understand," she says and nods.

Our destination finally comes; I park my car and lock it. Blue gapes at our apartment. "You live in this big house?"

"Yeah me and Charlie do," I say while we walk the steps to the door.

She stops walking. "Wait, you both live together? Alone?"

I laugh, "Oh my god, yes!"

"Wow." She says, "How did your parents allow? Like they didn't oppose it or something?"

"Nope and it's a long story anyways."

I open the door, Blue enters first and I follow her. "Your place is so beautiful."

"Thank you. Here, have a seat." I say motioning to the couch. "What do you need to drink?" I ask whilst she sits.

"Um, anything is fine, non-alcoholic. I don't drink," she says which takes me by surprise.

"I don't drink either," I say shrugging. "At least, not anymore."

Drinking just brings back too much history and memories for me so I just stopped drinking to avoid them.

"So, where were you living before?" I ask while bring two glasses of chocolate milkshake and a big bowl full of cheese popcorn and place it on the table.