18. Beautiful - Sky

Blue looks so damn beautiful.

And she's wearing my jacket. She tries to cover it up and I don't know how she would do that regarding how big it actually is on her. She'd look much better without it but her wearing my jacket feels so good and I don't want her to take it off.

"You look different," she says. "It looks good."

I smile, "Well, yeah you look different and beautiful."

A bunch of people walk past us hiding her and I grab an empty cup from the counter.

"So, you're not going to tell me why you decided to change your hair?" She asks and honestly I don't know why I decided to go blonde, I felt like I needed a change and I just went in for it.

Instead of really answering her, I ask. "So you're not going to tell me why you're wearing my jacket?"

She blushes and shakes her head, "I don't know, I just don't like revealing clothes."

"Why?"

She twirls a strand of her hair with her finger, "it's just something I don't do, and I'll give it to you later."

"Sure, give it to me when you can."

She nods and looks around, "do you want to get somewhere else it's too crowded here."

"Yep," I take her hand that is nearly covered by the cuff of my jacket. I give a hint of smile at it and make past drunken people. Almost everyone here is intoxicated.

I see Charlie and his girlfriend at the side by the long windows; Blue doesn't notice them, I ignore and leave to the back yard of the house.

The backyard is filled with very few people and they're playing beer pong. We find swinging chairs at the very back, so we make our way to it, Blue sits on the chair first and start swinging on it.

The music noises are drowning out slowly here, we are at the very back of the house.

Blue scans me with her icy blue eyes. She looks so incredible tonight and I have no idea why. I know she looks pretty but I've never admired her like I do now.

"Blonde suits you," she says. "It's......"

"Thanks." I say cutting her off.

I sit next to her and look up to the sky, the stars shine so bright, scattered here and there, I let the chill air let me swing.

It swings so slowly. The music so soft that it mixes with the air, the breeze is getting colder by the moment.

"This feels good," Blue says looking at me. "I didn't want to be with a bunch of random people anyways."

"I got you."

She rubs her feet against the ground and makes herself swing, her brown hair blows slightly by the wind. The denim jacket looks too heavy on her, like it's carrying her petite body. She's glowing today for some reason, like she could smile unlike others days where I have to make her smile.

I didn't know why I had the need to make her smile; she's this gloomy kid but tries not to be one.

"So, why the blonde hair?" she asks again. I look away onto the ground.

"Sometimes, I just feel like I need to get away, like you did from the group of people," I say. "Sometimes it's just too much and you need to change it up, like being away and comforting myself that change is real. Reminding myself that it's possible."

"I get it, I do too," she says like she's comforting me. "But who are you getting away from?"

I blink furiously at the ground. "Myself," I say before I could stop myself.

She snaps her head towards me and tries her best not to look sad or surprised, but I can read right through her. I didn't mean for it to be let it hang on the air between us.

"Forget it," I say and swing a bit further. I think of something to divert the topic away from me, "So, why NYU?"

Blue stops swinging and looks at me again, "I chose the college that gave me a full ride," she says. "Nothing in particular, I have tried to grow up and settle in different places all my life. So it was not that big of a deal."

"Oh," is all I can tell. I didn't know what that actually means so I let it at that.

"Don't be confused, I was put in a foster care when I was six and I have gone to different states ever since. I adjusted myself to the place wherever I went, I'm used to it."

"I didn't know that, I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

She shrugs and laughs, "You would be surprised at the number of times I have heard the very same line."

"Well, people wouldn't definitely know how to react to that."

"I don't want them to react; I don't know why people have got to react to every single thing. Imagine the level of unwanted circumstances we could avoid if people just stopped reacting to every single thing."

"Whoa, calm down there," I say jokingly trying to ease her tension out.

She notices that she's getting too personal and shrugs to make it seem like it doesn't matter and then I realize what I am here for.