16. Blue Candy - Blue

I blew on my blue cotton candy and looked at the Ferris wheel. I took a bit of mine and chewed on it slightly, feeling the candy melt away slowly on my tongue.

But before I could take another bit, Alex grabbed mine and ate half of it in one bite. I pouted at him.

He laughed looking at me and then he too pouted, "mine got over."

I blinked furiously, "You always do this to me," I said and pushed at his shoulder slightly. "You should've gotten more than one."

His eyes dropped to the floor and I knew what was that about, his father recently left them and they're going through some hard time financially.

I placed my head against his shoulder and let him finish my cotton candy. I closed my eyes smiling.

I jerk open my eyes, sweat covers my whole body and it feels itchy. When I look next to me, I see Sky. I look around and see long strands of grass and realize that once again I have fallen asleep with Sky in the middle of nowhere.

When I try to move, Sky groans. "Stop," he mumbles sleepily and puts his hand around my waist.

I don't know what game I am playing here. I don't like the fact that I am sleeping in a green field with an utterly charming boy. I don't like anything about it.

The chill air passing us slightly blows on Sky's messy brown hair, his face at the crook of my neck and for some weird reason I feel comfortable, like it's normal.

I don't want to sleep here and I don't want to leave him here alone. I push him gently, "Sky?"

He groans again. He doesn't budge, I lift his heavy arm from my waist and he still doesn't budge. I don't have the energy to pull away from him.

"Sky, wake up," I say. He looks up at me sleepily and goes to sleep. I sigh, "Sleep in the car."

No reply, I roll my eyes and try to get up and that finally gets a reaction from him. "Where are you going?'

His voice is the same, yet very different. "You want me to sleep in the middle of nowhere when I am all sweaty and itchy?"

He sits upright and looks around rubbing his eyes, "whoa." He says, "I can't believe we fell asleep here."

I get up and rub the mud off me, "I get that you are tired," I say while he follows behind me stretching. "You can sleep in the car."

"And let you drive the car," he asks and I nod. "Oh, hell no."

I don't reply him and get near the car but just before I could open the driver's door, I hear his voice. I smile; I knew it'd work on him.

"Okay, I'll drive you," he says walking past me and notices me smiling. "It's just a favor to myself so that I know that the car wouldn't crash somewhere while I was sleeping." He says and gets into the car and I get into the passenger's seat.

I roll my eyes, "at least you would die doing something you love." And I am speaking about death, like it's a normal thing. I don't feel like myself.

He squints his eyes at me, "Blue, how do you know I love sleeping?"

"Because it's written all over your face."

"Oh, I thought the word 'handsome' was written all over my face," I shake my head like it's the most boring topic ever but I really like this playful Sky.

"Don't flatter yourself."

He rolls his eyes mimicking me, "Sure."

The drive is pretty silent and somehow the car is already pulling into my dorms, I wanted it to be long.