17. Drunkin' Mess - Kendal

Charlie rolls up the car in front of a huge Victorian house which is in Manhattan, it took about twenty minutes to drive up here. The place is already filled with a large number of people, I get out of the car and he motions me to go inside.

I nod but I don't go in, instead I wait for him to park so we could go inside together. I open my phone to see if I've received any texts and I've got a couple from Blue asking where I am and reply her that I am outside and will be back inside in a few minutes.

The wild chatters and music is growing louder minute by minute from the inside gives me chills; I pull my coat closer to me from the chillness. I decided to wear a white t-shirt and a pair of ripped black jeans with a long black trench coat.

Charlie comes my way smiling at me whilst pushing his hair that is falling onto his forehead, he snakes his arm around my waist under the coat. "You didn't have to wait."

I smile at him, "I thought it'd be nice."

"Nice," he repeats my word. "If you say so."

We go inside to the longest hallway that I've seen since Charlie's home. It's fully filled with people holding onto people, some swaying to the music and some absolutely not in this realm at all.

We walk past people and some of Charlie's friends greet us by shouting loud over the music. They hand two cups filled with some colorful liquid that I definitely know is filled with alcohol so I shake my head no.

It's been so long since I've drunk, well if we ignore that one flute of champagne while meeting Charlie's parents.

The guy with dyed ice white hair laughs and leans in closer to us, "She doesn't drink. Whoa man, where did you find her?"

I look away to Charlie, holding his hand tighter. "That's none of your business, I guess."

The guy throws his hands up and laughs, "jeez, I was just kidding. Take a chill pill, man."

Charlie grabs one of the cups from him and we move further into the house, I see Addy and Blue sitting on an orange couch next to a lamp shade; I wave my hand for them to notice me. But the intoxicated people dancing on the floor block me. Charlie removes his hand from my waist and nods towards them and right on time his friends surround him and I leave.

I walk towards them and plop on the couch next to them, Blue and Addy looks at me surprised.

"Here you are, you look good," Addy says and Blue nods in agreement.

"Thank you guys, both of you aren't bad yourselves."

We sit in the couch for about ten minutes and chat about random things. Alcohol come and go my way, I don't even have the urge to drink no more.

From what I can tell, Blue doesn't seem to drink too. She seems so reserved, glancing often like she's searching for someone and I exactly know who that someone is.

Addy leaves us to get a refill, I smile at Blue. "That dress looks so cute on you," I say.

She blushes, "um, thank you. You look good too."

"Yeah, I guess. Why are you wearing that jacket?"

It's a black jean jacket that looks so big on her, covering her petite frame that I would kill for.

She smiles a tiny smile, "Uh, I am cold. That's why."

Something feels so off, she looks uncomfortable and it's definitely not that hot in here.

"What happened with you and Sky?"

That makes her stop what she's doing, she looks at me smiling. "I had some much fun; he took me to his place. He lives in this mansion all by himself; it has a pool and all."