Guilty, Guilty, Guilty

"What the hell do you mean Jim's been captured by The Court?"

"That's exactly what I mean!" Bullock files his hands through his hair. "I'm sending in a team to rescue him. I think Katherine put The Executioner on him."

I wasn't around when Barnes contracted the Tetch virus, but I heard of the repercussions of the infection. It wasn't pretty, or so Jim said.

"Let me come."

The new captain holsters his gun. "Not a chance. You look two seconds away from face-planting into my new carpet. You stay here and rest. When Jim returns, you two can talk about how to find Penguin."

"Come on, Harvey! If things go south with him, you're going to want me there."

He doesn't have time to argue or he would. "Stay in the car. If Barnes gets away, tail him."

I mock salute him. "Sir, yes, sir!"

That's exactly what happens. I hear Barnes escape before I see him. He crashes loudly into a catering truck. I sneak out of the car and trail behind The Executioner. Barnes turns through the alleyways and cautiously avoids the main streets.

He stops at Katherine's apartment, as I assumed. I duck behind a tree as he enters.

"Did you find him?" Bullock asks into the phone.

"Yeah," I whisper. "He's in Katherine's apartment."

"Good."

A feeling of relief washes over me when I hear my brother's voice.

"I have a job for the Cardinal."

"I see you're still kicking. What is it?"

"Bruce Wayne has been kidnapped by The Court. Bring in Katherine for questioning."

Is there anyone left in Gotham who hasn't been kidnapped by them? I'll have to face Barnes, and most likely Mr. Hammer to get to their boss. This won't be easy, especially in my condition.

He must sense my unease. "What, you want me to change your diaper, too? If you want my help, you'll bring her in."

"Fine. I'll bring her to the GCPD."

I hang up and creep over to her door. I see she hasn't replenished her security measures. Only The Executioner stands guard. I kick open the door and scream in his face. Barnes flies into the kitchen. He collapses into the fridge.

I don't allow him the time to get up. My fist collides with his cheek, then his stomach, then his jaw. He swings the bladed gauntlet across my stomach. I stagger and drop to my knees. Crimson pools in my hands.

"Sera Gordon," Barnes raises his hand in judgment, "I pronounce you guilty!"

One last screech sends him into the next building.

"Me too," I heave, hoisting myself up on the kitchen counter. "You don't see me bitching about it."

He's definitely out of it. I jog up to Katherine's study, where she's getting rid of as much evidence as she can, of course. I'm beginning to notice a pattern with these nefarious organizations and leaders.

"You're looking a little worse for wear, my Cardinal."

I grab her by the arm. "I am not your monster any longer. My brother wants to have a word with you."

"Of course, he does. Is this about Bruce Wayne?"

"I'll let him do the talking. Where's Mr. Hammer? Should I be ready for him, too?"