Goodbye Fish

Penguin leaves to regroup with Ivy, Fries, and Firefly. Fish and I travel to the one train station that's still in operation: Gotham Central Station.

It's a beautiful establishment. Some think of it as the center of the city. It's untainted by scum blood and homeless odor. It'll be hard not to stick out.

"Remember, use that voice of yours to beguile. The ability to blend in is a power in itself."

"Got it."

She latches onto the Ticketmaster's hand. "You will tell me where Hugo Strange is traveling to."

He does exactly as Fish commands. First, he types the name into a computer, then he prints off a copy of the Strange's ticket. "He's leaving for Metropolis."

"Oh no, he's not," she says. "Loop around the back part of the station. I'll face him head-on."

We part ways at the main area. She takes the left side of the stairs, I take the right. We remain on identical pace until she reaches a security gate.

"I got him," she whispers. Fish approaches him. Her armed guards march on either side of the mad scientist.

Strange almost whimpers at the sight of me. "I had no idea you were running with the criminals, Cardinal."

"Planning to take a vacation, Hugo?"

"All work and no play—" He laughs nervously. "If you let me go, I can get you in with The Court! I can— I can take you directly to The Judge. I hear you're very anxious to meet your creator!"

Fish grabs my arm but doesn't release her toxin. "Don't listen to the fool. You're better off finding him yourself. Don't you have another favor to get to? I've got things handled here."

Ah, yes. I shoot Strange one last icy glare before parting from the entourage of criminals. Before we split ways, Oswald asked if I would retrieve a certain device from Arkham Asylum. He said that Strange used it to torture him; tortured him while I was mere floors below.

How many nights did I spend looking up at the ceiling, hoping my family would come save me? How many did Oswald spend face down on the floor, wondering if I could hear him from the pits of hell? Strange has hell to pay when this is finished.

Arkham Asylum is just as hideous as I remember. Chills run down my back just by stepping into the lare, metal gates. I knock out a guard and grab his walkie-talkie. I take a deep breath and focus on becoming the target of my hatred.

"Guards," I say, mimicking Dr. Strange's voice. "One of my projects is retrieving a device needed for my research. Please allow her in."

"Sure— sure thing, boss! I didn't know you got your old job. Congrats!"

With that, I stroll right into the heart of Arkham Asylum without a fuss! I travel to the experimentation rooms, where I find the headset and bridle just as Oswald described. I grab it and waltz back out without anyone even looking up!

Holy shit.

I arrive at the mansion in record time and thankfully without a scratch. I didn't have to fight off any guards or crazy inmates. It actually went smoothly. Perhaps I should think about the stealthy side of things more often.

"Thank you, my love." Penguin places the device on a table, and not a moment too soon.

Fish's goons bring in Hugo Strange. They tie him down to a chair.

Oswald leans against the table. "We're not going anywhere until we find out where this antidote is."

"And our little friend here thinks he's staying quiet," Fish informs.