Chapter 8

SEULGI' POV

I was early at school as always.

I'm actually surprised that the cheerleaders are not bothering me anymore.

Maybe Jennie ask them not to bother me or they just got really tired of pestering me.

I go to my usual spot every morning. It's the bench under the tree behind the school building.

I get my book and start to review.

"Uhm hello"

I look up to see Irene standing beside me

"Irene-ah why are you here?" I curiously ask.

She sits beside me and cross her legs.

"Why? I can't be here?" she asks while raising her eyebrow.

Seriously why she's here and why she's here?

"Of course you can this is a school property. It's just that I rarely see you here" I said to her and fix my glasses.

I was feeling uneasy because of her presence.

"How's your job?" she ask and sit beside me.

"Fine" I simply answered.

"Just fine? You should be guarding the princess" She said a little bit mocking me

"Yeah and I believe that we do have the same agenda in this place" I said and rolled my eyes to her.

She's so annoying.

"Nothing to worry about the princess she's not that friendly" She said.

"Oh so you're now focusing in cheer pepping and neglect your duty to the royal family?" I ask raising an eyebrow to her.

"Hmp. You're just a nerd." she said and cross her arms.

I giggled.

"Yeah a nerd. But you once fall in love with me right?" I smirked at her and stand up.

"By the way I'm glad that your cheerleader friends are not pestering me anymore. My patience for them is rapidly decreasing" I said without looking at her.

"I'm not responsible for what they are doing to you" she said.

"Yep but as the cheerleading captain of your team they are your responsibility. You don't want them to cheer with broken arms and legs right?" I said and leave her.

I didn't wait for the next thing that will come into her mouth.

Irene and I are sent here to guard the Princess who is trying to leave as a commoner. She's the only heir to her father's throne in Amsterdam so we have to keep her safe.

I was heading to my room when I saw her in the locker area.

"Good morning your highness" I politely greeted her.

"Don't call me that someone might hear you" She said to me.

"Forgive me.. I'm going to assist you for the party tonight" I said.

"I'm not going" She said as she closes her locker.

Huh?

"But the king says you have to go" I said

"I don't care" She said her famous line and leave.

I can only sigh at her.

"We are dead if she didn't go"

I almost jump when I heard her voice from behind.

"Damn Bae Joohyun! Are you planning to kill me?!" I can't help but yell at her out of shock.