Chapter 33

CHAENG' POV

Hyeri and I are on the way home. She's sending me first to my house.

I notice that she's exceptionally quiet this time.

"Are you really that focus on driving now that you forget to speak?" I ask breaking the silence and giggled.

"Chaeyoung"

I stop gigging when she called me with a serious tone and she also calls me Chaeyoung' not 'Chaeng'.

I don't know why but I suddenly felt something about it.

"Wae?" I can't help but ask with a serious tone too.

"lisa is single. You could be with her" She said and that makes me shock.

"H-hyeri"

That's what I can only say.

Why is she saying that?

I admit I never love Hyeri the way I love Jennie before and the way I love lisa up until now but she's a very good friend of mine.

She's always there on my side to those times that I'm really down.

I don't want to hurt her.

"Chaeng I admit I never love at first and my intention of getting close to you before is not because I love you. Not even because you're my childhood bestfriend. I guess it's really my fault why lisa misunderstand everything. I only use you to distract lisa so that our team would win but I failed.....I failed coz I fall in love with you but now I realize one thing. I couldn't replace her in your heart." She said and her voice starts to crack.

I could only look down.

She's hurting.

There's nothing I could say that would make her feel better.

"Why am I crying? Haha....Anyway you should get her back and never let her go this time. I will still be the Hyeri you used to know" She said and force a smile to me.

She stops the car.

I just notice that we are here in front of our house.

I'm still sitting here inside the car.

"Do plan to stay here all night?" She asks.

"Hyeri....I'm sorry" I just can say to her before my tears fall from my eyes.

"H-Hey don't be like that. It's ok. I will be ok. Maybe not now but one day I'm pretty sure I will be" She said.

I remove my seat belt and hug her.

"We could still be friends right?" I ask her while I'm hugging her.

"Of course. All you have to do is give me a call" She said.

Call?

I broke the hug and curiously look at her.

"I'm leaving Chaeng. Not because of you but my brother needs me there in Japan. “She said and it seems like it's already planned long time ago.

I sighed.

"When will you leave?" I ask.

"Well, actually I was supposed to leave last year but I can't leave you but now that I know someone would be looking over you like a stalker. I guess I could leave you now" She said rearview mirror.

I check it too and got surprise to see a car not so far behind us.

"Go talk to her. I think it's about time for me to exit. My flight will be next week. So it's a goodbye now" she said.