Unpremeditated~14

Martez's POV

"Do you want cornbread?" Syx asked holding a big ass plate of roast in her hand.

The steam was rising and the sauce was getting soaked up by the rice and shit. I personally never had my roast on top of rice but everything she makes usually be good. Ill give it a try.

"Yeah.. Thank you" I said as she put the cornbread on my plate.

"Here you go" She said setting my plate at the table.

She opened the refrigerator and looked at me. "You want water or sprite?" I thought for a second already knowing my answer.

"Water"

She grabbed two water bottles and sat at the table with her plate of food sliding a water bottle to me.

"Thanks" I said. I had a straight face but i dont think she understands how happy ah nigga been since he been getting cooked meals almost every day I been in Detroit.

"You always cook.. You wanna be a chef?" I asked her.

She looked up from her food and smiled, "everyone says that, But I think i wanna start a business" I raised my eyebrows shocked as hell.

"What kind?" I asked putting some of my food in my mouth.

"I wanna sell the cutest clothes, Shoes and accessories but for an affordable price. You know?" She asked.

I nodded my head listening to everything she was saying.

"But since everyone thinks my food is good.. i could sell plates to open up a shop"

"Yeah that ah be a smart ass move.. Doing what you love and getting paid in return. Then owning the business"

She smiled and ate more of her food. "You convinced me now im standing on it. What about you?" She asked.

I looked up from my food and raised my eyebrows in confusion. "What about me?"

"Like what do you want to do in life?"

Ah nigga damn near chocked on his potato.

Shit ion know what career i want all I know is this street shit is what's saved me all my life.

"I dont even know to be honest. Wherever life take me, As long as im getting money"

She nodded her head and smiled. "The Goal in life is to be happy at what you do. No matter how much money you get"

I took a sip from my water bottle and agreed. "I fuck with that"

...

I gave her my plate after finishing my food as she washed the dishes with an frowned face.

"Whats wrong with you?" I asked leaning against the counter.

"Nothing" She dryly replied. I smacked my lips and decided to ask her again.

"Girl what is wrong with you?" She rinsed off the last plate and put it in the dish rack before putting the plate in there.

She turned the water off and faced me with her arms crossed.

"I have a weird feeling. It's something that has to do with Sincere" She stated.

I tilted my head and wondered if her gut was telling her Sin got another baby by Mercedes on the way.

"What it feel like?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders and put her hand on her forehead.

"It's something going on with my brother man. I just hope whatever it is doesn't get him hurt, Like I cant afford to lose him" She said.