Field Trip Pt. Two

It was Friday morning...

Peter stepped onto the bus, sliding into a seat near the back, and Ned joined him.

MJ claimed the seat behind them, with (what else?) a book covering her face.

Unfortunately, a certain bully decided to sit across the aisle from Peter and Ned. "Hey, Puny Parker! Ready to have your lie revealed to the world?" Flash shouted, not caring (and probably hoping) that the whole bus heard him.

"Shut up, Flash. I'm reading," MJ commented.

"What are you going to do about it, weirdo?" Flash teased.

MJ stared at him, closed her book (which was a very large book, by the way) and whacked Flash's knee.

Hard.

Flash grunted in pain.

"Now be quiet, or your head will be my next target," MJ retorted calmly.

Flash turned away from her.

Peter just looked at MJ in awe, turning away when she caught him staring.

He looked at the ground, cheeks flushing, while Ned looked at him knowingly.

By the time all the chaos was over, the bus had arrived at Stark Industries.

Mr. Harrington got the group's attention, "Okay, everyone calmly exit the bus, and be on your best behavior."

He looked pointedly at Peter.

Peter sighed and rolled his eyes as everyone exited the bus.

The whole team - minus Peter, and Mr. Harrington looked around the lobby in awe.

At the same time, Peter was silently praying that they wouldn't run into any of the avengers.

"Hello! You must be the group from Midtown!" a lady with a kind smile said, "I'm Lillie, I'll be your tour guide today."

"Yes, we are the Midtown group," Mr. Harrington responded, shaking Lillie's hand.

Lillie went over the rules, then reached for a basket with badges in it, "These are your visitor badges. They will only work for one day, but you may keep them afterwards."

Cindy raised her hand and asked, "What are the different badge levels?"

Lillie smiled, "That is a good question, Level 1 is for visitors, Level 2 is for more frequent visitors, such as people from other companies that Stark Industries sometimes does business with. Then Level 3 is for low-level interns, level 4 for higher-level interns, level 5 for the highest level interns. Level 6 is for scientists, Level 7 is for engineers, and Level 8 is for security. Lastly, Level 9 is for the avengers, and Level 10 is for Mr. Stark and a few others."

She then began passing out the badges, but was confused when she got to Peter, "Oh... we seem to be one short... I'll go see if I left one..."

"Uh... No, it's fine actually," Peter said nervously, he could feel everyone in the group watching him, "I... uh... have my own..."

He proceeded to pull his badge out of his backpack. Lillie seemed surprised, but let him be. After all, if the badge was fake, Friday wouldn't let him through.

Mr. Harrington, however, was not happy. He looked disapprovingly at Peter.

Lillie continued with the tour, "Now, one at a time you will step through security. And don't be scared when you hear a voice, it's just Friday, the tower's AI."

Lillie walked through security, scanning her badge.

"Lillie Walker; Level Four Intern."

Although they had been warned, many of the students appeared startled by Friday.