April Fools at Avengers Tower

[Inspired by @Spider-Hawk suggestion - from back when Wattpad had forums, that tells you several April 1sts have passed since I began this idea haha]

*Blows on this book to get the dust off* Hey everyone! It's been awhile. Still going to be pretty infrequent on here, but it was fun to get back into this book a little - enjoy :)

....................................

Tony groggily sat up in bed, yawning as he pushed the blankets away. He reached for the door knob, ready for his morning cup of coffee. Tony stepped into the hall, letting out a startled yelp as a cascade of rainbow glitter poured down on him.

"April Fools!"

Tony jerked his head to the left, spotting a certain arachnid and bird peeping around the corner. They quickly scurried away as Tony proceeded to yell, "Peter! Clint!" Grumbling, Tony continued his trek to the kitchen, quickly moving to turn on the coffee maker, before taking a seat at the island. He let out a frustrated sigh as he waited for the coffee maker to do its job.

"Morning, Tony," Natasha said, stepping into the kitchen.

Tony watched as she grabbed two slices of bread and popped them into the toaster before turning around to fully acknowledge his presence. Natasha raised her eyebrows at him, studying the sparkly mess in front of her, "Is that... glitter?"

"Yes. Yes it is."

Natasha didn't hesitate to ask, "Clint?"

"And Peter," Tony sighed, glaring at the pile of glitter that had begun to accumulate on the counter.

"Want me to get them back for you?" Natasha offered, now buttering her toast.

"Please do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was awesome!" Peter exclaimed as he and Clint high-fived. They had just watched their fourth successful prank of the day - a fake snake rigged to leap out of Thor's pop-tart box (he thought it was Loki before he realized it was fake).

"We are on a roll today, aren't we, Petey?" Clint laughed, wrapping an arm around Peter as they walked down the corridor, leaving 'a slightly disappointed his brother hadn't payed him a visit' Thor behind. The pranksters were so caught up in their triumph that they didn't notice the thin tripwire stretching across the hallway.

Clint tripped it, dumping a large bucket of slime over both of them. Startled and half-blinded by the slime, Peter stumbled further and hit a second tripwire, which sent a dense stream of glitter down onto the unfortunate pranksters. The glitter stuck so well to the slime that they were human disco balls by the time the glitter reservoir emptied its entire contents onto them. The pranksters stood still for a few moments, registering everything that just happened.

Their misfortune was not quite over. Peter felt the tingling sensation on the nape of his neck, but as he was still processing the situation, failed to dodge in time - the whipped cream pie hit him square in the face. Clint looked around in alarm and manged to spot Natasha just as she threw the second pie, which was aimed perfectly at his face.

SMACK

Tony stepped into the corridor at this opportune moment, sipping from his second cup of coffee - which he spit out upon seeing Peter and Clint. The pranksters were soaked from head to toe with gooey green slime, which could barely be seen behind the layer of glitter on both. On the ground in front of them were two pie tins - the contents of which the victims were currently wiping from their faces. Tony peered down the hall and saw Natasha standing triumphantly. "This is how you got them back?" Tony wheezed, pointing at the grumpy, thwarted pranksters.

"Sure is," Natasha responded proudly.

"That'll teach you," Tony exclaimed, laughing at Peter and Clint. "Well done, Nat. Well done!"