Son of Stark Pt. 2

"I'm gonna get you!" Tony declared.

"No! No! No!" three-year-old Peter giggled as he ran away from his dad.

Tony quickly caught up to him and grabbed Peter, pulling him in for a hug.

Pepper came darting into the room, "Tony! What are you doing?! You have a meeting in fifteen minutes!"

Tony turned to face his wife, "Aww... C'mon, Pep! Petey and I were playing!"

Pepper looked from her husband to her son, who where both looking at her hopefully.

Pepper let out a deep, frustrated sigh. "What am I going to do with you?" she complained, reaching out to take Peter, while at the same time planting a kiss on Tony's cheek. "Now get into something more formal! We have a company to run!"

Tony pouted, but walked out of the room to change into one of his many expensive suits.

~~~~~~~~~~

Pepper and Peter were walking down one of the many halls of Stark Industries. She had a folder full of paperwork in one hand, and her son's hand in the other.

She needed to get this paperwork to one of the offices within the next half hour, and obviously she couldn't leave Peter alone.

She couldn't wait for Tony to get out of his meeting - who knows how long it was going to take - so here they were, walking down the hall.

It was hard being a CEO and a mother at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was looking around curiously as he tried to keep up with his mom's fast pace. He had never been in this part of the tower before, and, being three-years-old, even the hall looked huge!

Peter and Pepper walked past many closed doors, and the mumble of voices could be heard behind a few of them.

However, behind one of the closed doors, Peter heard a familiar voice, "Daddy!"

He let go of Pepper's hand, "Peter! No! Come back here!"

Peter was faster than Pepper - the heels on her shoes weren't helping - and he reached the door way before she did.

Struggling a bit, Peter managed to push the door open and ran into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony was barely paying attention to what anyone was saying. This meeting was so boring! Occasionally he would speak, agreeing with whatever had just been said, but in his mind he was counting down the minutes until he could escape.

Tony noticed the door to the room open, but was confused when no one entered. He looked around and noticed that people seated closer to the door weren't paying attention to the person speaking.

Unfortunately, Tony was seated near the head of the table, one of the closest to the person droning on about some boring percentages.

"Daddy?"

Tony could barely make it out, but he could've sworn he heard something. The people near the door began to whisper to one another. What was so interesting?

Tony stood up, not caring that everyone's attention was now on him.

He leaned over the table, trying to see what was happening near the door.

A mop of brown hair caught his attention. Tony recognized that hair. He stood taller and was able to make out a small figure standing frozen near the door.

"Peter?"

Upon hearing his dad's voice, Peter looked around, finally spotting Tony, "Daddy!"

Peter ran over to Tony, attacking him with a hug. Tony picked him up, confused.

The door opened again, this time revealing a worried Pepper. She looked around and visibly relaxed when she spotted Tony holding Peter.

She then noticed everyone else. "I'm so sorry for interrupting," Pepper apologized, now beginning to feel flustered. She started walking towards Tony.

Everyone looked at each other, confused as to what was happening.

One brave soul spoke up, "What's going on here?"

Tony turned to face the group of businessmen seated around him. "This is my son," he stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Everyone's eyes widened. "You have a son?" another brave soul asked.

"Yes, didn't I just say that?" Tony replied.

Pepper reached out to him, offering to take Peter, but Tony shook his head.

He turned back toward the group, Peter still in his arms, "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a son to play with. Meeting adjourned."

No one tried to stop him. They just watched as the Tony Stark walked out of the room holding his son.

Followed by a flustered and exasperated Pepper.