Michelle Finds Out

There was something odd about Peter Parker.

Michelle wasn't obsessed with him or anything!

She was just observant.

Also, Peter was one of her few friends, so obviously she would pay more attention to her friends.

Michelle had a feeling Peter was keeping something from her.

Actually, she didn't just have a feeling, it was super obvious Peter was keeping something from her.

And Ned was in on it.

Nearly every day Michelle would find Peter and Ned whispering about something, and whenever she approached, they would pretend like nothing had happened.

Also, whenever Peter was missing from school, Ned would give reasons for his absence, but Michelle, being observant, could tell when Ned was lying.

Don't forget about how Peter left for no reason whatsoever at Liz's party, the D.C. trip, and homecoming!

Another suspicious thing Michelle noticed was when Peter would come to school on Monday with a bruise or pained expression on his face, which clearly meant he was hurt, yet, by the afternoon, he would be completely normal!

Don't forget - this was Mondays - which meant it couldn't be from Flash, and Michelle had met Peter's aunt. There was no way May would be harming Peter, you could tell how much she loved him!

So to sum everything up, Peter had a secret, and Michelle Jones was going to figure out what it was!

Michelle had just finished purchasing a drink from her favorite cafe. She had just gotten out of school, and as was her tradition, she went to the cafe and bought a drink every Tuesday.

Michelle opened the door to the cafe and stepped out onto the sidewalk.

She began her walk through the city to home, drink in her hand, backpack slung over her shoulder.

Michelle felt a tug on her backpack and turned around, moving the pack just enough for the creep behind her to snatch it!

"Hey! Thief! Come back here!" Michelle yelled running after the guy.

However, the guy was obviously not new at stealing bags, dodging his way through the crowd.

Michelle still had him in her sight, but he was getting farther and farther away.

"Help! Someone stop him! He has my bag!" Michelle shouted, shoving her way through the crowd.

She felt the wind rush past her head and looked up, surprised to see Spider-Man swinging toward the bag-stealer.

By the time she had caught up with him, the crook was on the ground and Spider-Man was holding her backpack.

Spider-Man seemed happy to see her, "Mich- I mean... Miss! Is this your bag?"

Michelle could've sworn she heard Spider-Man begin to say her name, "Yes, that is mine... Thanks."

Spider-Man held out her backpack, which Michelle took gratefully.

"Yeah, yeah... sure! Of course!" Spider-Man said, kinda awkwardly.

Michelle gave him a strange look and turned around.

But as she began to walk away, she heard him mutter under his breath, "Wow, real smooth! Should've just told her!"

Now Michelle was more confused then ever. Also, his voice sounded different... more natural... when he had muttered.