Who Are You?

"Hey, Spidey!"

Peter was sitting on the roof of a skyscraper, enjoying the view of New York at night. He turned around upon hearing the greeting, "Hi, Mr. Stark!"

"Catch any baddies tonight?" Tony asked, stepping out of his suit.

"Three, actually. Two robbing a bank and one stealing a car."

"Good job," Tony said, taking a seat next to Peter, "Have you considered my offer?"

Peter sighed, "Yes, Mr. Stark... I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to share my identity with anyone, not even you and the other heroes." It hurt Peter to refuse the offer to become an Avenger, but there was no way he was going to reveal himself as a fifteen year old kid. Peter had led Tony to believe that he was in his mid-twenties. There was no way anyone would take him seriously if they knew his true age.

"Alright," Tony said, disappointment in his voice, "Well, if you ever change your mind, just let me know."

Tony stood up, patting Peter on the shoulder before climbing back into the suit. Peter watched sadly as Iron Man powered up and flew away. With a heavy sigh, he fired a web and began swinging home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter put two slices of bread in the toaster, going through his bag to make sure he hadn't missed any homework while he waited for them to finish toasting. At the sound of footsteps entering the kitchen, Peter looked up, and with a smile he said, "Good morning, Aunt May!"

"Good morning, Peter," May smiled back. She pulled a sheet of paper out of her purse and handed it to Peter, "This was tacked on the board at work yesterday. I thought you might be interested."

Peter read the announcement, "Interns wanted at Stark Industries. Fill in the submission form found on the SI website. Once you receive a response from us, take the test provided. If you pass the test with an 80% or higher, you have been accepted... This is great, Aunt May! I'll take a look at the website right after school!"

"I'm glad you like it, Peter," May said, planting a kiss on his forehead before leaving the apartment for work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter quickly finished his homework and eagerly turned on his computer. He typed in the site address for Stark Industries and clicked on the intern submission form.

Fifteen minutes later, Peter clicked submit. The next forty-five minutes were pure agony, as Peter waited for a response. He was in the middle of typing a response to Ned about their heated Star Wars discussion when a noise came from the computer. Peter dropped his phone on the bed, quickly moving to the computer and clicking on his e-mail.

"Yes!" Peter cheered, reading through the e-mail.

By the time Peter finished the test, it was nearing patrol time. He pulled on his suit and hopped out the window, into the refreshing evening air. As he swung around, Peter thought about his encounter with Tony the night before. Peter's eyes widened as a thought hit him. He had just submitted a test to be an intern at SI. SI as in...

Stark Industries

Stark as in Tony Stark

Tony Stark as in Iron Man

Iron Man as in the Avenger who is trying to recruit him

Him being Spider-Man, the web-slinging superhero. Not Peter Parker, fifteen year old teen from Queens. Unfortunately, there was nothing Peter could do about it now. He had already submitted the test. All he could hope for is that he somehow failed the test.