Operation Pepperony - Pt 2

Tony cautiously opened the door to the conference room where Peter had asked that they meet. "Kid?" he called, looking around the seemingly empty room. Empty, that is, until he saw a figure standing by the window.

She turned around, surprised, "Tony?"

Tony cleared his throat, stepping into the room, "Pepper? What are you doing here?"

Pepper looked equally confused, "Peter was giving me a tour of the tower. Is everything okay? He didn't do anything wrong, did he?"

"What? No, Peter didn't do anything wrong. He asked me to meet him here..." Tony looked around, "Speaking of the kid, where is he?"

Pepper also searched the room, "I have no idea. Peter told me he had to check on something and that he would be right back."

"How strange..." Tony said, locking eyes with Pepper.

They both burst out laughing.

"You don't think..." Pepper began, wiping away a tear of laughter.

"That he set this up? Oh, most definitely," Tony finished.

"Well, since Peter left, would you mind giving me the rest of the tour?"

Tony shrugged. "I have nothing better to do," he said, grinning.

They set off down the hall, side by side. Talking, laughing, and overall just enjoying each other's company.

What they didn't know is that Peter had been in the security room the entire time, leaning back in his chair, proud of the success of his mission.

He smiled wide, watching them through the cameras, "Operation Pepperony is a go."

Special Announcement - I have reached 2K views! Thank you, everyone! :D