Chapter One - Imprinted

Hey Everyone. 

Just letting you know before you read this that the story isn't entirely my idea... A lot of the ideas come from reader comments and the main concept of the story comes from something I read on Tumblr called 'Tattoos' which is a Hosie short story that I read... (I wish I knew the name of the Tumblr but I can't seem to find the story again but if you've read it please comment if you know)

I thought it was an interesting concept and I wanted to do my own take on it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

Josie Saltzman jolts awake with sweat dripping down her face. She looks around the room that she shares with her twin sister at the Salvatore school for the young and gifted; and nothing is out of the ordinary. Flashes of the dream she had just woke up from, plays in her head. She sees a wolf growling and then its eyes soften and just stare at her. Josie feels a chill run through her body, a type of chill that she has never felt before. 

She decides to get out of bed and make her way down to the famous Salvatore kitchen. She sits up on the bench and pours herself a glass of milk. Unable to forget about the dream she just had, she makes her way to the school library to read. She did this when she couldn't sleep, it calmed her down and sometimes she'd wake up early the next morning with a book on her chest. 

"You're here late" Josie hears her father say from the doorway. She looks up at him and gives him a soft smile. "There is a curfew for a reason, Josie" He says, before taking a seat on the sofa across from her. 

"I know but I can't sleep" Josie murmurs. "I had a dream about this wolf, it wasn't even that scary but I woke up with sweat dripping down my face and the weirdest chill I've ever felt in my life" The thirteen year old girl says to her father, who listens with great interest. Then he looks down at his daughters arm with wide eyes. 

"What's that on your arm?" He asks anxiously. Josie looks down at her arm and sees a beautiful drawing of a butterfly that continues to draw it's self. She begins to feel uneasy and she puts her book down on the table in front of her. 

"This is weird right?" She says, trying to stay calm. 

"It's not weird, just really rare" He states. He moves to one of the book shelves, he looks around for a moment before he finds what he is looking for. "You've been imprinted on" He says softly, trying not to scare her. This doesn't work because Josie is terrified, she doesn't even know what imprinting is. He begins to read the book and he nods while he is reading. "That explains the dream you had, you must have just been imprinted on" 

"What do you mean by imprinted?" She asks.

"Imprinted is a term used when a wolf basically marks their territory... basically you're a soulmate to a wolf. You dream is letting you know of that and that marking on your arm, well it must mean that your soul mate is drawing on themselves... they either know that they have imprinted on you or they just like art." He explains. Josie nods, trying to take it in. "I think you can do it back, It's very rare though... not all wolves imprint so there isn't a lot of information on it" 

"I don't understand..." Josie begins, she leans forward in frustration. "I don't even talk to the werewolves here, I don't even know any of them" 

"That's not really how it works... judging by the wolf in your dream I'm guessing that you appeared in their dream and they imprinted on you there. A wolf doesn't have to know their soulmate to imprint on them"

*

The next day Josie wakes up and notices the markings on her arm have disappeared, she finds herself frowning because the butterfly was so beautiful. When Josie tells Lizzie about what had happened the night before, Lizzie is jealous. "I want to be imprinted on" Lizzie wines. 

"It's honestly a bit weird..." Josie admits. 

"It sounds romantic... maybe you should try communicating with them" Lizzie suggests. 

"Let me get use to it before I go talking to this weird wolf person" Josie says, rolling her eyes. "It's weird thinking that He or she is the person I am suppose to be with" Josie wonders out loud. She sits down in her desk chair with a sigh. She has to do her homework but she knows that the curiosity will start eating away at her so she grabs a sharpie and draws a smiley face. Nothing seems to happen which surprisingly disappoints Josie as originally she thought this was really weird, she still thinks it's weird.

"Looks like wolfy wifey isn't replying" Lizzie says with a smirk planted on her face. Josie hides her arm and glares at her sister. 

"mind your own business and what makes you think it's a girl?" Josie asks, raising her eyebrow. Lizzie shrugs. 

"Wolfy Wifey just sounded cool" Lizzie says, her smirk still planted on her face. Josie rolls her eyes and shakes her head. 

"It really didn't" 

*

Meanwhile in New Orleans, Klaus Mikaelson is trying his best to calm his daughter down. She had noticed the smiley face on her arm and it had freaked her out. "Calm down Hope, you're not going crazy..." Klaus says, he puts his arm around his daughter and gestures for her to sit down. Hope takes a seat on the couch in the Mikaelson living room.

"What's happening to me? I've been having weird dreams and I've been feeling like I have to get out of this city all of a sudden. I'm being drawn somewhere else" Hope says, she frowns and looks away from her father. Klaus smiles slightly and sits down next to his fifteen year old daughter. 

"Have you ever heard of imprinting?" He asks. Hope looks up at him confused. 

"Yes... in twilight" Hope says, she can't help but laugh. Klaus finds himself chuckling as well while he shakes his head. 

"No" Klaus chuckles. "What you are experiencing is imprinting but it's not like Twilight... It's actually really rare in the real world and of course my daughter, my little miracle has imprinted on someone"

"But what does that even mean?" Hope finds herself asking. 

"Well, it means that the universe has chosen your soulmate and because of you recently activating your werewolf curse you were able to imprint even though you have probably never met the person... It explains the weird dreams, you probably imprinted on them in your sleep" 

*

Two Years Later

Hope Mikaelson makes his way to Doctor Saltzmans office, She had been going to the Salvatore school for two years. Her father, Klaus Mikaelson had encouraged Hope to go and she didn't mind because she felt drawn to the school. She had been drawing messages to her soul mate on her arm since she first learnt about imprinting and she would rub them off straight away so that people wouldn't think she was crazy with markings all up her arm. 

Something inside Hope knew that the person she was looking for is at the school or will be at the school. She didn't try very hard to find them mostly because she was scared of who the person would be and she wasn't sure how to act when she did figure out who it was. 

"Hope. We have a small problem" Doctor Saltzman says once she enters his office. Over the past two years she has been at this school, the headmaster has learnt to trust her and she has become his right hand man. 

"And what would that be Doctor Saltzman?" Hope asks as she falls into the chair in front of his desk. 

"There is a new werewolf just outside of town and they are planning to do an exorcism on him tonight... we are going to have to go to the church and stop them. Tonight is a full moon and he could tare them to pieces"

------

Author's note: 

Just so you know... Hope has never met Landon in this story.