Chapter Sixteen - I've Been Struggling

Chapter Sixteen

For the next week Hope tries to spend as much time as she possibly can with her father and her Aunt Freya because they don't come down to see her a lot and she can't just go to New Orleans to visit whenever she wants. Klaus and Freya stay at a house close by which surprisingly Klaus didn't compel someone for. A week after Aurora's death, more of Hope's family begins to show up in Mystic Falls, curious of Hope's soulmate. 

"Dad, why is everyone choosing to suddenly show up now?" Hope asks confused as she looks over at her Family who is greeting Freya. 

"They're here because they heard that you marked a certain witch and they want to see what all the fuss is about" Her father explains to her quietly. "And it's pretty rare for a werewolf to imprint on someone and most of us never believed that it was even real"

"Well it's very real" Hope says with a sarcastic smile. "And frankly, it hasn't been great in the self control department as you saw with the whole me almost killing Aurora thing" 

"I'm not an expert sweetheart but I'm sure you will slowly gain control back as time goes on" Klaus says before moving forward to greet Kol. 

"Hope It's good to see you again, you've grown up" Davina says, drawing Hope's attention away from her father. Hope smiles and hugs her Aunt Davina. "I've heard you found yourself a mate"

"Yes I have, she's amazing." Hope states. Josie's face pops up in her mind and she can't help but smile at the thought. "would you happen to know anything about imprinting and marking? Like self control when it comes to what you would do for them"

"Imprinting and marking is like any other source of magic. It's almost like compulsion but on a lesser scale I suppose. It's all about will power, just like vampirism. But on the other hand, it seems almost as if mates live to make each other happy so if you think what you're doing will make them happy then it will become harder to control you impulses." Davina explains. "Can I suggest maybe trying techniques that will trick your mind into thinking that what you're about to do won't make them happy"

"That sounds like a good idea but how do you suggests I do that?" Hope asks. Davina places a hand on her nieces shoulder. 

"All you have to do is tell yourself that it won't make her happy and you need to believe it. That's all the advice that I can give you, otherwise if that doesn't work then you might need to do some travelling and talk to some other wolves. Although I'm not sure if there is anyone who is alive that has imprinted on someone else other than you"

*

Hope makes her way back into the school after having a discussion about having Josie over for dinner the next night. As much as Hope dreaded it, she knew that it had to happen. Josie was going to be in her life for a long time and her family knew it. They wanted to implement her into the Mikaelson family as soon as possible. Hope found Josie walking down the hall, so she ran up to her and wrapped her arms around her from behind. 

"You look beautiful today Josette Saltzman" Hope says before kissing her temple. Josie giggles and turns around. 

"What can I do you for Ms Mikaelson?" She asks. 

"My family kind of wants you to come over to the house they are staying at for dinner tomorrow night" Hope states. Hope takes Josie's hands in hers and looks her in the eye. "I know we kind of only just started dating but I would really like it if you would come" 

"Of course I'll come. I haven't really seen much of your family so it would be great to meet them" 

"Great, I'll text my dad and let him know that you'll be there" Hope states as she pulls her phone out of her pocket. "My family are big on formalities so wear something formal, if you want" She says before giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking in the opposite direction.

Lizzie needs someone to talk to desperately and her father can never seem to be found when she needs him and Josie is always in the library studying or with Hope. Lizzie finds herself knocking on the tribrid's door. Hope opens the door and is shocked when she sees Lizzie. "Can we talk?" She asks. 

"Sure. Come in" Hope says, opening the door wider for her girlfriend's twin sister. Lizzie walks in and take's a seat on Hope's desk chair. "What's wrong?" 

"Honestly Hope, I've been struggling since I turned into a heretic... Dad still won't talk to me and I'm not sure who to get guidance from. Honestly the blood lust is hard to control and that animal blood is hard to keep down" Lizzie explains and Hope can't help but feel bad. She had been the reason that Lizzie was a vampire in the first place and she hadn't even checked to see if she was alright. 

"What do you need help with Lizzie?" She asks. 

"A lot of things, for one... I'm finding it incredibly hard to control my magic, when I was just a siphoner I could feel how much magic I was taking and focus it more. Now, I can feel the magic everywhere with in me and it's hard to control the amount I'm using on one spell. Also Josie is hard to be around mostly because I can basically hear and smell her blood moving through her body. I didn't think it would be this hard"

"i have an idea, my family are having a dinner tomorrow that Josie is coming to as well. Maybe you can ask for their guidance, my family is full of supernatural beings"