Chapter Twenty Four - It Is Your Decision

Chapter Twenty Four 

Josie stands by the lake frustrated, she begins throwing rocks into the lake, trying to skim them until one rock hits the other end of the lake. When the rock comes flying back, Josie jumps out of the way so she doesn't get hit by it. She looks up and sees a small ripple on the other side of lake. The barrier spells that the witches are putting up are working. Josie turns around to see Hope with the rock caught in her hand. 

"You need to be more careful" She says with a soft smile. Josie rolls her eyes and turns away from her. "You can't seriously be mad at me right now" 

"Well I am" Josie says as she stands up and wipes the dirt off her black jeans. 

"What for exactly?" 

"You won't tell me what my mum said to you, it must have been bad because you're closing yourself off to me and I don't like it" Josie says as she crosses her arms over her chest. Hope lets out a sigh and steps closer to Josie. 

"She told me to protect you with my life and I said I would. I didn't want to tell you because you don't like to feel weak. And before you say anything Josie, I don't think you are weak but that doesn't mean that I won't die for you" Hope states. She looks into Josie's eyes and can't help but give her a small crooked smile. 

"Okay" Josie says softly, staring back at her. 

"Okay?" Hope questions. She takes Josie's hands into hers. 

"Yeah. Okay. But you do know that I'd do the same for you right?" 

"Yeah. We are both wired that way I guess. Even though I would never want you to" Hope says, she steps closer to Josie and is about to pull her into a hug when Josie stops her. 

"But you should know that I would also do everything in my power to live for you, because losing someone you love is the worst feeling in the world. You should know that, you lost your mother. So I will do everything I can to live so you can live your life with me in it" Josie explains. This causes Hope to pull Josie into a passionate kiss. Josie places her hands on Hope's waist as Hope pulls away. 

"We should get back up to the school, Doctor Saltzman wants us to help evacuate the younger students." 

*

"Has your family arrived?" Josie asks, she's sitting on Hope's bed, looking down at the ground. Hope walks forward and kneels down in front of Josie, she knows that her girlfriend is worried about the events that are to come. She places her hands on Josie's legs and looks up at her. Josie looks at Hope, she looks scared. 

"My family is here Jo, they will sort something out and if not I have a plan that can save the school. It's just, for it to work I can't tell anyone" Hope says. Josie nods, taking in a deep breath. 

"Just don't do anything stupid Hope. I don't want to lose you" She says with a tear rolling down her cheek. Hope wipes the tear away and gives Josie a soft reassuring smile.

"You won't lose me because Josie I would live for you too" Hope says, referring to the conversation they had earlier. Josie can't help but smile. "Now, it's going to do us no good sitting in this room. Let's go out and talk over the plan with the others" she suggests. 

"Can I just stay here with you for a couple more minutes?" Josie asks. "Come lay with me" Josie says as she lays back onto Hope's bed. Hope lays next to Josie and wraps her arms around her. "I want you to give me your blood" Josie says softly, she's facing away from Hope so she can't see her facial expression. Hope puts her face in the crook of Josie's neck. 

"Are you sure?" She whispers. 

"I'm sure" Josie says without hesitation. Hope gives Josie's neck a kiss. 

"Okay" she says. "But it can't be mine... I don't want you to have to deal with a sire bond. I'll ask Mg for his blood. We can't tell your dad"

"I know" Josie says with a sigh. "He would never allow it" she says before turning around to face Hope. "But I want to be with you forever and if that means being a vampire or whatever I will be then I'm fine with that"

"As long as you're sure... I'm not going to deliberately turn you but if you die today at least you will come back but you should know I want you to have the choice of having kids. You're sixteen, you're not old enough to know if you want them yet" 

"Oh I do want them but there are other options. I'm just better off a vampire than dead" Josie says with a small, nervous chuckle. 

"Well it is your decision baby" Hope says. Josie feels her heart flutter at the nickname, even though its a bit cheesy she loves it anyway. 

*

Hope makes her way to one of the classrooms where her father is sitting alone, reading. This is one of the many ways he comes up with a plan. Klaus looks up when his daughter enters the room. 

"Dad" Hope says carefully. "I need you to promise me something and I know you are formulating a plan as we speak but I already have one" Hope says as she closes the door. Klaus puts his book down.

"And what's wrong with my plan that you haven't heard yet" Klaus says with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. 

"It probably requires sacrifice and I can't have that. You're the only person I'm telling this because I know you'll have the strongest reaction to what I'm planning to do. I also know that I want to keep everyone in this school safe at all costs. Do you understand that?" Hope asks her father, who looks confused but he slowly nods. "I'm a Tribrid, a rare supernatural occurrence. They're going to want me as a sort of beacon for power if that's what I offer them" She explains. 

"You're not offering yourself to them Hope" Klaus growls. Hope smiles and shakes her head. 

"They won't have me for long... With everything that happened with Aurora I remembered the story of her brother Tristan and how he was trapped in that shipping container. Dad I'm going to have to die and be in transition so I can trap the coven of witches" 

"I'm not going to let you trigger your vampire side" Klaus says standing up from his seat, furious.

"I'm the only person they are going to want dad, I don't see any other way" 

"We slaughter them all" Klaus growls. 

"No... My idea is to trap them long enough for them to see reason and then let them go. We can't confirm what they already think of this school" Hope explains. "And honestly I'd rather turn now while I'm young then sixty years from now. Would hate to be forever old looking" Hope says, wrinkling her nose. 

"You're going to do it no matter what I say?" he asks. Hope nods. They are both snapped out of there thoughts when a loud BANG is heard from outside. The witches are trying to break the barrier around the school with different spells. 

"Go with the plan dad and go along like you don't know about it, The witches need to believe that I'm really giving myself up"