Chapter Seven - Wolfy Side Effects

Chapter Seven

Hope and Josie walk into the grill, Mystic Falls main spot to eat and hang out. Hope spots the Pool tables on the other side of the room and an idea pops into her head. She looks over at Josie with a small smirk on her face. "I bet I can beat you in a game of pool" Hope says, her competitiveness suddenly coming out. Josie laughs and shakes her head.

"Yeah right, Mikaelson. I'd like to see you try" Josie smirks. Hope hands Josie a pool stick and they begin to set up. Hope can't help but stare at Josie as she sets up the pool balls on the other side of the table. Josie is too focused to notice. "So, do you want to start?" Josie asks, looking up.

"Uh, yeah why not?" Hope says, breaking their eye contact. They begin to play and Hope still can't help but stare at her. She knows it has something to do with the wolf inside of her and she tries to keep it at bay.

"Hope, your eyes are glowing again" Josie whispers. Noticing Hope's golden/orange eyes.

"shit" Hope murmurs. She closes her eyes. "do you think anyone noticed?" she asks.

"No, I don't think so" Josie says, looking at Hope who still has her eyes closed. She places her hand on Hope's arm. "Open your eyes" Josie says softly. Hope opens her eyes and they are still orange. "Hey... okay what about this? Close your eyes and take a deep breath in" Josie suggests. Hope nods and closes her eyes and takes a breath in. "Now a big breath out" Hope does what Josie says and opens her eyes, they are back to normal.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's happening to me" Hope says.

"Maybe we should go back to the school and ask my dad?" Josie suggests.

"No... I want to make today a good day without any issues. It's just my eyes. It can wait" Hope says before taking Josie's hand and walking with her out the door.

"Where are we going?" Josie asks with a laugh.

"Somewhere that people can't see the side effect of my wolfy imprint" Hope says smiling at Josie.

They end up sitting by the lake with their feet in the water talking. "So, tell me about your family" Josie says. Hope shifts uncomfortably.

"I'm surprised that you don't know anything about my family" Hope says.

"I mean, I do. I just... uh"

"Let me guess, everything you have heard about my family is bad. Yeah it's probably true, everything you heard." Hope cuts her off. "but there is things people don't hear about my family, they are incredibly loyal to each other. My dad has always been seen as the villain but to me he is my hero" she explains.

"Yeah I understand that" Josie says, placing her hand on Hope's. Hope looks down at their hands and gives her a soft smile. "I mean my uncle is a sociopath that killed his whole family and tried to kill me so who am I to judge anyway" Josie says with a nervous laugh.

"wow that sounds...."

"Brutal? I know" Josie can't help but laugh. "But at least I have an interesting story to tell even though I would have rather had a family"

"Oh... I'm sorry Josie. Maybe we shouldn't talk about family in general"

"Yeah, a bit of a sore topic I guess"

"for both of us apparently" Hope says nervously.

*

"Dad, there's something wrong with Hope. We went to the grill today and Hope's eyes turned Golden like a wolf and she didn't even know she was doing it. It has happened a few times" Josie explains. Alaric let's out a chuckle and takes a book off his shelf.

"Do you really think I didn't do any research about this imprint thing when I found out that you were imprinted on?" He asks.

"Do you really think I would come to you if i didn't think you did any research?"

"Yes. anyway Hope is fine, there is nothing wrong with her. It's her wolf coming out, it's trying to well... it's hard to explain it's sort of like" He tries to explain.

"Come on dad, spit it out"

"well for her wolfing out to stop, she has to kiss you or you have to kiss her. "