Chapter Four - She Will Figure It Out

Chapter Four

"Dad, I did something bad and Josie is going to find out soon. She will never forgive me for not telling her the truth" Lizzie says as she paces back and forth in front of her father's desk. Alaric always tries to keep an open mind when it comes to his daughter's problems and most of the time he is quite forgiving. But from the nervous look on Lizzie's face, Alaric knows it's something bad.

"What did you do?" Alaric asks, concerned.

"Two years ago when Josie just got imprinted, maybe a week after it happened I saw a little drawing of a waving rabbit on her arm... she didn't draw it. You know how the imprint thing works..." Lizzie begins to explain. she takes a seat finally. "she got annoyed at me because I was looking at it and she wanted it to be her own private thing... that's why she told you she wasn't in the mood to do the tour with Hope"

"Where are you going with this?"

"Hold on dad... I'm getting to it. So I went on the tour with Hope and I liked her, She was nice and funny and I thought her and I could be good friends." Lizzie continues. Alaric begins to look confused because Lizzie has never said that she liked Hope, she always talked crap about her. "I know, sounds weird coming out of my mouth... but we continued the tour into the meals area and Josie was there. Hope had stopped listening to me when she saw Josie, she was staring at her... and then I saw it because at that moment I wasn't too busy trying to show her around. I saw the waving bunny on Hope's arm and I even asked her about it and she told me that she gets bored sometimes and draws on her arm"

"So you're telling me that you have known that Hope imprinted on Josie for two years and you didn't say anything until now... to me?" He asks. He pinches the skin in between his eyes, trying to think.

"Yes." Lizzie says. "At the time I was doing it to protect Josie... Hope is a Mikaelson dad. Her family has enemies all over the world. I was trying to keep my sister safe for as long as I could. Even though I thought Hope was a decent person, I decided to act like I hate her"

"And whoever you don't like, Josie doesn't like either... But now they're friends. I've seen them talking in the hallways" Alaric says, nodding and understanding. "Lizzie, don't do anything else to keep them a part... When it comes to wolf imprints you can't stop it from happening, something will always draw them together. You can't mess with that anymore, do you understand me?"

"I Understand" Lizzie says, looking down at the ground. She then looks up at her father. "should I tell her?"

"No... she will figure it out on her own"

*

"How was your tour with Hope Mikaelson?" Josie asks once her sister sits next to her in class. Lizzie shrugs.

"I wouldn't waste my time on her Jo.. too much trouble" Lizzie mutters, rolling her eyes. She had to hate Hope Mikaelson, so she had to pretend that the tribrid was just like her father when she wasn't.

"Okay.. So i'm guessing it didn't go well. I did see you two talking, it seemed friendly. What went wrong?" Josie asks. Lizzie starts to worry, thinking that Josie had seen what she had seen. But nothing on Josie's face suggested that she had seen anything out of the ordinary.

"She's just a bitch" Lizzie says before facing the front. "Is that all you saw? us talking?"

"Yeah" Josie says with a small chuckle. "What else would I have seen?"

*

"So now that we are friends, you're going to have to tell me more about yourself" Josie says as she sits down next to Hope at lunch. Hope laughs and nods.

"Well I've never really had a friend so I'm not sure how that works, why don't you ask me a question and maybe I will answer it" Hope says before taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"What's your favourite food?" Josie asks.

"B positive" Hope says with a wink. Josie's face turns red which causes Hope to let out a laugh. "I'm just kidding Josie, I haven't activated my vampire side yet and I don't plan to" Hope states.

"And how do you activate your vampire side anyway?"

"I'm actually not too sure how that will work... I'm guessing that I'll have to die and my own blood will turn me. It's sort of scary thinking about it though because I love being a witch, being a werewolf has it's challenges but I prefer what i am now to what I could be" Hope explains. "I love how free I can be as a wolf though, I can turn whenever I want"

"Why would you want to?" Josie asks with concern on her face. "From what I hear it is the most painful thing anyone could go through"

"It's different for me because I heal very quickly so I don't think it hurts me as much... also the more times you turn the less painful it is" Hope explains. Hope answering Josie's questions only made Josie more curious. "Tell me about your siphoning ability" Hope says. Josie puts her hand on Hope's arm.

"Can you feel that?" Josie asks, looking down at her hand on Hope's arm. Hope looks down, seeing the orange glow.

"No" Hope says. "Are you taking magic from me?" she asks. Josie removes her hand and nods.

"I wasn't taking much" Josie explains. "But it's weird that you couldn't feel it, I use to siphon from my mum by accident when I was a kid and it would hurt her" Josie mumurs. She mutters a spell and the empty cup hovers for a few seconds before it places itself back on the table. "Don't worry, because you are naturally supernatural your powers build back up again so it doesn't matter if I drain every last bit of your magic... you will get them back"

"I wasn't worried" Hope smiles.

"truth is I'm actually not allowed to siphon from you"

"Well I won't tell anyone if you don't" Hope says with a smirk. "Anyway, I think it's cool that you can take power from things, like if you become a vampire you'll also be a full witch"

"Yeah I guess that's cool but then I won't be able to have kids and my dad doesn't want that for me and Lizzie" Josie explains. "Hey... I have a free period next, what about you?"

"No I don't but that doesn't mean we can't hang out" Hope says with a smile. "We can go to the Mill and I can show you some spells that they don't teach here?" Hope offers. She was just happy that she was finally making a friend and something inside her was telling her that she could trust Josie.

"Yeah sure"

"Hey you two, I didn't know you were friends." Penelope says as she sits down next to Josie, her best friend.

"Yeah, we actually get along well..." Josie says, looking over at Hope. "I don't know why we haven't spoken before"

"I know why" Penelope leans forward to look at Hope. "Starts with L and ends in Izzie" Penelope continues, rolling her eyes. "I think you're pretty cool Hope, don't know why everyone avoids you... or wait I do, I just told you the reason"

"Starts with L and ends in Izzie?" Hope asks. Penelope nods and lets out a laugh. "When I first met her we actually got along and for some reason she doesn't like me. She even showed an interest in my art and then after I told her about it, she seemed to go cold. I don't know why" Hope explains.

"Your art? You bought it with you on the tour?" Josie asks.

"It was kind of hard not to" Hope says with a laugh. Josie gives her a confused look. "The drawing was on my arm"