Chapter Nineteen - Weak

Josie woke up in Hope's arms the next morning, she couldn't have been any happier then what she was right now. Hope's eyes flutter open and she smiles at the girl in front of her. "Good morning" Hope says as she pulls Josie into her. Josie leans in and gives her girlfriend a soft kiss. 

"We have to get up for classes babe" Josie announces. Hope frowns and rolls them over so that she's on top of Josie. Josie giggles when Hope rests her face into Josie's neck to leave kisses. "We have to get up" she says laughing. 

"Or we could just stay here all day" Hope says, her face leaving Josie's neck to look in her eyes. Josie's eyes are a yellow color which causes Hope to smirk. 

"What?" 

"Your eyes are a nice yellow color" Hope states before leaving a kiss on Josie's jaw. Josie's eyes widen and she begins rubbing her eyes but the yellow won't go away. "maybe you should have a cold shower" Hope says with a smirk before she goes to get up. Josie pulls Hope back on top of her before she can get out and she rolls them over so she's on top. 

"Nope, not yet" Josie says before leaning down and kissing Hope's neck. Hope lets out a gasp which causes Josie to pull away. She gets up when she notices her girlfriends eyes are also yellow. "I'll take that shower now" 

"Hey, that's not fair" Hope complains. 

"Sorry" Josie says with a smirk. She turns towards the bathroom door, with some clothes she bought with her the night before. 

"I love you" Hope calls after her. 

*

"So how was last night with Sebastian?" Josie asks when sat next to her sister in class. Lizzie puts down her pen and turns to her sister with the biggest smile on her face. 

"Okay so oh my god, he is so good in bed" Lizzie says with a smirk on her face. Josie's nose crunches up in disgust. "You asked" 

"Yeah okay fine, tell me what happened?" 

"Well he came around and we talked for a bit and watched a movie but I like couldn't concentrate on the movie so we ended up making out and one thing led to another" Lizzie says. "It was such a good night? Did you speak to Hope about what you wanted to speak to her about?" 

"No, when I got to her room last night... she was pretty much already asleep. She woke up when I came in the room because I have a key and all but then she went back to sleep when I got into bed with her. We didn't get to speak this morning because we slept in" Josie explains. 

"Is it something serious?" 

"not really, I just wanted to speak to her about what happened last night when I left the table at dinner" Josie answers. 

"Well, what happened?" Lizzie asks, as she tries to get back to work. 

"I sort of had a small freak out in the bathroom and Hope had to calm me down but I'm a bit embarrassed about it" Josie admits to her sister. "And I don't want to seem weak around her, I don't want to seem like I need to be rescued and protected"

"Is that a problem in your relationship? Do you feel weak?" 

"Yeah I guess so... I just don't want Hope to think that she wears all the pants in the relationship" Josie says quietly. 

"Well it's important for you to talk to her about that... You should feel equal to each other"

*

That afternoon, after classes Josie makes her way to Hope's room to have the conversation with her. She unlocks the door to see Hope painting on a canvas. She gives Josie a bright smile when she sees her. "Hey, what are you painting?" Josie asks. 

"Just the ocean, I guess... I might turn out to be something else. That happens sometimes" Hope says with a small laugh. Josie gives her a soft smile and sits on the couch that is facing Hope. 

"I actually wanted to talk to you"  Josie murmurs. This gets Hope's full attention and she begins to look worried. She puts the paint brush down and faces Josie. "I don't want you to be worried babe" 

"Okay, what's up?"

"I just wanted to talk about what happened last night at dinner" Josie says as she plays with her hands nervously.

"You don't need to worry about it. You were nervous, my family understands that" Hope states, placing her hand on Josie's leg. Josie looks up at Hope, her face is full of compassion. She almost wants to stop the conversation there to make Hope happy but she knows it needs to continue. Hope needs to know how Josie feels. 

"I know and that's not what I'm worried about, it's just last night it has occurred to me that I feel weak when I'm around you and I felt it more when I was around your family. I don't want you to see me as someone that needs protection"

"But Jo, I will always protect you. That's my instinct." Hope rebuts. Josie stands up from her seat. 

"So you do think I'm weak?" Josie asks, beginning to get upset. 

"No, that's not what I said" Hope says, standing up. She can see her girlfriend is getting upset and wants to make things better right away. 

"Then stop doing that, stop treating me like I'm fragile"

"But you are fragile Josie, you could actually die... you're not like me, you're not immortal" Hope says feeling frustrated. 

"You marked me Hope, you said that I am just like you" Josie says, pissed off.

"You have my wolf side, but you don't have my immortality... I have to protect you okay" Hope snaps.

"And there it is... You actually think I'm weak. You think I can't protect myself or you... You know what, I'm going to sleep in my own room tonight" Josie says. And with that she leaves the room, leaving Hope confused and upset.