Chapter Twenty One - Everybody Wants To Know

Chapter Twenty-One - Everybody Wants To know

Josie stumbles into the kitchen around midday the next day to get food, she is so exhausted from the events from the night before. Penelope, comes strolling in after her with a smirk on her face. "What are you smirking at?" Josie grumbles. 

"Someone had a late night last night" Penelope states. "Which is weird because when you left the library last night at ten you told me you were going to sleep... I wonder what could have made Josie Saltzman so tired if she went to sleep so early" Penelope says in her suspicious voice. 

"Shut Up, what did Lizzie tell you?" Josie groans. 

"Oh, everything. You are my best friend... remember? I ought to know this stuff" Penelope says as she grabs a packet of chips from the shelf and starts eating out of the bag. She sits up on the bench as Josie begins to make cereal. 

"I was going to tell you, I swear" Josie says.

"How was it anyway? Like how did it happen? Last time I heard, you two were fighting" Penelope states. 

"Not, fighting just a small disagreement. And she was good, it was her first time too but she was the one who initiated it... It just seemed right, like we were both ready to do it" Josie explains. "I just love her so much, I couldn't have imagined it being anyone else" Josie says with a smile on her face.

"Aw, you've found your epic love" Penelope says as she finishes her packet of chips. She crinkles the packet into a ball and throws the packet into the bin like a basketball. "Kobe!" Penelope yells, and then she frowns. "Ow that hurt, why did I do that to myself? May he rest in peace" Penelope says, as she puts her hand over her heart. 

*

Penelope and Josie make there way to the Library to study afterwards. Alaric is in the Library searching for Josie, he sighs in relief when he sees her. "Josie, I've been looking for you all morning. You weren't in your room this morning... where have you been?" 

"I slept in Hope's room last night and was in the kitchen with Penelope, why? What's wrong?" Josie asks. She then realizes she made a mistake when she mentioned sleeping in Hope's room but her father didn't seem to mind. 

"Your mother is coming into town this week, She doesn't need to travel anymore so she is coming back to the school" He explains. 

"Why wouldn't she need to travel? There's always new students to recruit" Josie says confused. "Not that I'm not happy that she's coming home though"

"She's been gone for over a year now, she thinks it's time to come home. Especially since you found your mate, got marked and almost killed in the span of two weeks. I think she wants to keep an eye on you" He explains. He steps forward to walk out of the room and then turns to look at his daughter. "Oh and I don't think she will be happy with you sleeping in Hope's room"

"I think she can deal with it dad, you seem to be able to" Josie replies with a smirk. He lets out a laugh before leaving the room. 

"Your dad is so cool, My dad wouldn't let anyone within ten feet of my room. Especially because he knows I like both guys and girls. I just love, love I can't help it" Penelope says with a huge smile. 

"Well Hope can't get me pregnant, I think that's why he isn't worried" 

"Fair point" Penelope replies as they sit down at an empty table in the library. Penelope dramatically opens her text book and lets out a sigh. "Why do exams have to be so soon? I would rather spend my weekend skinny dipping in the lake" Penelope says with a smirk. Josie looks up from her textbook and throws a pencil at her. "Maybe I should find someone to have sex with in the lake" Penelope teases. This causes Josie to cast a silencing spell on her because people are looking at them.

"You're so loud. Nobody needs to know that" Josie says before removing the spell. 

"Wrong. Everybody wants to know" Penelope says, quieter this time. 

*

When Caroline Forbes (Salvatore) gets to the school days later, Lizzie is the first to meet her. Josie on the other hand is running down the stairs to the front doors, while putting her sweater on. "Look who finally turned up? What have you been doing Josie?" her mother asks.

"The question is Who mother, Who has she been doing?" Lizzie mutters with a smirk on her face. Josie hits her sister on the arm. "Ow, what was that for?... Okay fine I deserved it" Lizzie says before her attention is back to her mother. "It's just Josie and Hope have been at it all weekend" Lizzie says, and Josie tackles her sister to the ground. 

"Hey stop it you two!" Caroline yells. Lizzie and Josie then get up off the ground. 

"Sorry mum, I just slept in... that's why I'm late" Josie lies. In reality, Lizzie was right... after the first time, Josie and Hope just couldn't get enough of each other. 

"It's fine. I'm just glad to see both of my daughters in tact." She says, pulling them both into a hug. She pulls away from the hug and looks at Lizzie. "How has your transition been going?" She asks. "Is Ric still making you drink that animal blood?"

"Yes, but it's fine... I've gotten use to it" 

"That's good, I've actually come back to the school for a reason... There is a new threat on the school and I thought it would be best to tell you two first" Caroline explains. "I was recruiting up in Italy. I found a group of young witches that would be great for the school but when approaching their parents about it they weren't okay with the idea of there daughters geling with different supernatural creatures. Their whole coven has declared war on the school"