Chapter Six - Hear Me Out

Chapter Six

When Hope is leaving Lizzie and Josie's room, she runs into Josie who begins to look worried. "What did you do?" She asks, walking towards the door. Hope stops her before she can enter. "Hope you didn't hurt her, did you?" She asks. Hope looks offended.

"Who do you think I am?" Hope asks.

"Well you did say you were going to kill her" Josie says, innocently.

"That's what I like to call an empty threat and I don't think my wolfy attachment to you will allow me to even lay a finger on anyone you care about unless you allow it" Hope says, her eyes glowing orange like they did days ago.

"Why do your eyes keep doing that when you look at me?" Josie ask. Hope groans and rubs her eyes.

"It's really annoying right? Uh, before you go in there I just want you to know that this soulmate thing doesn't mean we have to be uh.." Hope scratches the back of her head. "Well, together if you know what I mean?"

"Okay" Josie says, smiling at her. "Now can I go yell at my sister real quick?" Josie goes to open the door but Hope stops her again. "What now?"

"Just hear her out, Okay?"

"I will, but I don't know what she could possibly say to fix this" Josie says, quietly. She's perfectly award of her sister in the next room. Hope nods and steps back to let Josie go in.

"I know" Hope says. "But you will forgive her" She continues before turning on her heal and walking down the hall to her room. Josie watches Hope walk down the hall before she turns the door handle to her room. Lizzie is pacing back and forth with a nervous look on her face, she seems like she is about to break.

"Please don't be mad at me Josie" Lizzie says as soon as her sister enters the room. Josie looks at her sister for a moment before speaking.

"Why wouldn't I be mad at you. You lied to me!" Josie spits. Josie may be the nicest person in the school but she can also be the meanest and Lizzie was about to see that side of her once again.

"Hear me out Please" Lizzie says, taking a step away from Josie. Josie takes a deep breath in, remembering what Hope had said moments ago.

"Fine" Josie says, crossing her arms over her chest.

Lizzie found herself explaining what had happened for the third time in one day and she knew that this time the person she was explaining herself to wouldn't forgive her as easy as the last two. The problem was that her sister's forgiveness was the one that mattered the most.

"I spent two years trying to figure out who it was. You even spoke to me like you had no idea. I can't believe how stupid I was..." Josie looks away from her sister, disappointed and angry.

"What are you talking about? You couldn't have known I knew"

"Oh I know, I'm saying that I couldn't believe how stupid I was to believe I could trust you to tell me the truth always. I don't think I could ever trust you again. Now if you don't mind I'm going to go sleep somewhere else" Josie says. She walks out the door before her sister can say another word to her. As much as Josie wants to go to Penelope's room to talk to her best friend, she finds herself at Hope's door.

"Josie... Are you okay?" Hope asks, letting Josie into her room. Josie shakes her head.

"My sister lied to me, how will I ever trust her again? We were suppose to tell each other everything and I don't care if it was to protect me because that's bullshit" Josie says. "Can I stay here tonight?"

"Of course"

"I just have one thing to ask you... did you know it was me, i uh wrote my name on my arm a while ago" Josie says, scratching the back of her head. Hope walks over to her desk and take a marker and pulls the cap off.

"I couldn't have known, especially not from that" She says while writing 'Hope Mikaelson' on her arm. Josie looks at her arm and nothing appears. "If I knew it was you, I would have made sure you knew"

"But you kept rubbing off the pictures, they would be gone before I went to class"

"Yeah well I guess I did that for a few reasons, I was kind of scared that of who it could be and also after what happened with Lizzie I assumed it wasn't a great conversation starter... having drawings all over my arms" Hope moves forward, closer to her.

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense" Josie says, her attention is snatched by a pile of paintings in the corner. "You paint a lot?" She asks.

"Yeah, not as much as I use to but when I feel stressed painting calms me down." Hope explains. "Hey, do you want to watch a movie or something?" Hope asks, nervously. Josie bites her lip and nods.

*

The next day Hope and Josie wake up next to each other as they had fallen asleep watching a movie. Josie get's up, forcing Hope to wake up. "Hey, good morning... why are you in such a hurry, it's a weekend"

"I just assumed you wouldn't want me to stay" Josie murmurs. Hope gets up quickly.

"You're my soulmate... why wouldn't I want you to stay?" Hope says. She walks closer to Josie to stop her from leaving. "We could maybe go into town today?"

"Oh yeah. No, that sounds great" Josie says with a small smile. "I'll just go to my room and get changed and I'll meet you out the front of the school?"

"Yeah, of course... sorry" Hope stutters. "I'm sorry, I'm just not sure how I'm suppose to act around you now."

"Maybe just act like you never found out about it" Josie suggests. "You seem pretty chill when you're just being yourself. Don't try too hard to impress me"

"Sorry" Hope says again, scratching the back of her head.

"And stop apologising" Josie says with a laugh before turning on her heel to leave the room.

—————————————

Authors note: Sorry guys it's not the best chapter, it's kind of one of those filler chapters.
Next one will be better... hopefully