pt3 Chapter Six: Coup

"You sure this is a good idea?" Bismuth watched as Steven made his way toward the New Homeworld warp pad.

"It's the only idea I have." He answered, not looking back at the colorful gem. She sighed, handing Spinel a scythe she had made for the occasion.

"What's this for?" The pink gem questioned, Bismuth looked down at her as if she couldn't believe the question as she uttered it.

"It's for you, aren't you going with them?" Her words caused Spinel to force a disingenuous laugh, the gem shook her head.

"What? No! I can't go back there!" She shouted, looking away in contempt. She didn't want to go, in truth, she was terrified to go. For the first time in a long time, she felt genuinely comfortable staying on earth, alone.
Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl made their way onto the pad, waiting for the gem. Steven looked back at her, a look of determination on his face.

"We need you Spinel, you know where they keep the rejuvenator."

Spinel glanced up, reluctant to move from her place.

"But-"

"I won't let them hurt you." His voice softened and he held out his hand, the gem hesitantly reached for it, stepping into the warp pad with the others.

The five gems began to dissolve in the light of the warp as they shot through space, landing directly in the palace. The room was entirely empty, aside from a very small blue gem. In her hand a blue light shot into the sky, suspending Blue and Yellow Diamond in the air as they stared down in shock.

"Steven." The gem hissed, fluttering toward the group. "You're just in time for the coup." Aquamarine flitted about the air before landing in front of the boy.

"Aquamarine, what are you doing here?" Steven took a step back as the gem drew near.

"Did you not just hear me?!" She shrieked, stomping her foot angrily, "Some of us gems don't like the way you've changed things! I used to have everything!" The gem began to pace, flicking her wand and freezing the crystal gems before they could react.

"I used to be someone, the best!" She glared at him intensely, pointing her wand in his face. "And you took everything from me!" The tiny gem flicked her wand upward, throwing the rest of the gems in the air and scattering them away from her target.

"I'm here to set the new world order, and you are the first on my list to go." The gem snidely remarked, freezing the crystal gems once more and knocking them back before they could attack.
Steven drew his shield, though knew he likely couldn't stop the gem and her wand with just that.
The only way he could stop her before was to simply placate her, and come up with a solution afterwards.
The blue gem jumped into the air, opening her watery wings and flying above his reach.

"Ha! You can't even stop me! The diamonds couldn't even stop me! No one ca-"

A bright light slashed Aquamarine's form in two, causing her to poof immediately. Her wand lost its form, floating to the ground next to the tiny blue gem.
The power of the wand ceased, causing the diamonds to fall to the ground with a very large thud, and the crystal gems to be released from its grip.

Just behind her stood a thin, lithe gem, her hair pulled back in buns on the side, she held the rejuvenator in her hands and glared at the intruders.