pt 9 Chapter Five: Return of Jasper

Bismuth, Peridot and Lapis stood at the balcony of the beach house, watching the waves roll in from the sea.

"Steven looked really upset." Lapis mumbled, watching the foam drift onto the sand and slowly bubble into nothing.

"That's because he poofed Spinel," peridot replied matter-of-factly. The blue gem turned to her, nodding slowly.

"You know that's gotta be hard for him." Bismuth's voice was soft as she recalled the moment Steven had poofed her. He never liked being put in the position to do so. Spinel must not have gone along with his plan as easily as he thought.
He likely didn't think it would be easy at all.

The wind picked up, pulling the gems from their thoughts as a large saucer hovered above them, gently landing in the sands. The door slid open and the walkway bursted out, revealing the familiar face.

Lapis's heart skipped a beat as she met eyes with the gem.

"W-what are you doing here?!" She stammered, pulling water from the ocean in preparation to attack. Jasper smirked, eyeing the gem and turning her head to beckon Emerald's Citrines out of the ship.

The soldiers filed out, wielding destabilizing tasers, followed by Emerald.

"We're here to raid."

Bismuth grumbled, turning her fists into hammers and vaulting over the balcony.

"Last time you didn't put up much of a fight, I sure hope you came prepared to lose again!" Bismuth growled, glaring at the orange gem.

Jasper let out a short laugh at her words, the hilarity nearly made her cry.

"Last time I poofed you, and if I recall, you were the one to lose!" She drew her helmet out and readied herself for the fight.

Lapis glanced at Peridot who had her hand clasped around hers, despite the fact that the gem was shaking tremendously.

"Don't worry Lapis, I won't let her hurt you." The tiny green gem whimpered, raising her hand to try and lift the saucer.
Lapis smiled gently, before determination stole her face. She dropped the water she held, letting it soak the gems below.

"You came for a fight, we'll give you a fight!" She screamed, pulling her hand away from Peridots and lifting herself in the air. Jasper looked up, distracted by the flying gem. Bismuth took the opportunity to strike, landing a blow to jasper's stomach and throwing her against the sand.

Emerald's Citrines cornered surrounded the rainbow gem, forcing her to think quickly. Bismuth smacked the ground, causing the sand to explode around her and cloud the vision of the soldiers.
Jasper pulled herself to her feet, glancing back at Emerald, signaling for the gem to escape.
Emerald nodded, sprinting away from the fight and ducking under the house.
Peridot noticed the green gem, and tried to catch up with her, throwing cans and trash from Steven's porch.

"You little-"

Emerald whipped around, pulling out her destabilizer and prodding the gem with it, forcing peridot to poof.
She turned to face the wall, certain that this was the location she needed to be.

Bismuth evaded the Citrines destabilizers, delicately balancing herself in the commotion of fighting dust and sand. She caught a glimpse of lapis who veered down to grab her, picking her up by her shoulders in attempt to rescue the gem.

Jasper grinned, locking her hand around Lapis Lazuli's foot and yanking her pit of the air.

Emerald set a bomb on the wall of of the temple, detonating it. The burst caused the rocks to crumble away, revealing the exterior wall to a ship. She tore the panel away and crawled through, entering the heart of the ship.

Bismuth scrambled to her feet, once again surrounded by the Citrines, the yellow gems tackled her, prodding and stabbing her body with their weapons, she howled with rage, throwing them off of her, desperately trying to maintain her form. She exploded in a puff of smoke and steam, her gem falling into the dirt.

Jasper gleaned at her prize, dragging her toward her.

"I've waited so long for this day." She grinned, grabbing Lapis's hand and pulling her into her arms. Lapis struggled in her grip, her feet barely touching the sand, she pulled more water from the ocean, molding it into a fist behind Jasper's back.

The orange gem smiled, feeling the spray of water mist onto her shoulders. She pulled out her own destabilizer.

The rush of water washed over the two of them, pushing away the sand and pooling in puddles beside Jasper as she held Lapis's gem in her hand, clutching it tightly, a victorious grin ripping across her face.

Emerald vaulted down the tunnel, following the glass like veins that led to the center of the ship. She landed on the ground, glancing around at her surroundings. The room was filled with bubbles, but majority of them held objects that were very clearly not gems.
She searched for the two small gems she required, spotting them floating a few feet from the door.

"Perfect." She chuckled to herself, twirling her destabilizer in her fingers as she approached. She popped the bubbles, allowing the two gems to reform. Antarcticite dropped to the ground, looking incredibly peeved at her appearance, Emerald held back a laugh.

"Wow, you're small." She remarked snidely, Antarcticite rolled her eyes, making her way toward the door, she clenched her fists, pulling the ocean tide toward her and forcing the door open, flooding the home attached and regaining her watery armor once more.
She glanced at Aquamarine, who had yet to form, picking up the teardrop gem and letting it sink into her body, keeping it safe until the gem was ready to form once again.

The two gems left through the broken door, stepping over the water logged debris of the house, Antarcticite glance up at the the stairs, then nodded for Emerald to rejoin with Jasper and her Citrines.

Antarcticite made her way up the stairs, pushing Steven's door open and raiding his room for information, she picked up a picture frame, eyeing he had his friend before setting it back down and moving to his bed.

"What a boring place, with so much trash." She murmured, pulling out a draw to inspect it's contents. She left the room, her eyes drifting further down the hall to another room, it seemed to be a green house.

The white gem pushed the door open, glancing around at the plants and control center of the room. She cocked her head, somewhat intrigued by the miniature Diamond base and it's warp pad before moving to the computer.
Small numbers blinked on the screen, she sighed.

"That's probably where they went." She muttered, moving back to the door way and down the stairs.