Pt6 Chapter Six: Obligatory Flashback

Lars sat in the captain's chair, watching the stars pass before the ship pulled out of hyperspeed. As it halted, something far off from them came into full view, a very large Emerald Fleet carrier.
His eyes widened in astonishment as he watched the ship draw near, he turned to Rhodonite who was panicked, frantically trying to find a place to jump to.

"A message is being sent from the ship, captain." One of the Rutiles exclaimed, immediately popping it on screen.
Emerald's face filled up the windshield, she wore a scowl on her face, her lips twitched with triumph and pride.

"You thought you could run from me? I'll blow you to smithereens!" She cackled, the transmission cut off, and Jasper entered the deck.

"We don't have enough fuel to outrun them, we'll have to fight back." She said determinedly, a smile growing on her face as she thought of the fight.

The ship shook heavily, throwing the off colors off their balance.

"They have us in a tractor beam, they're going to dock!" Rhodonite shrieked, wrapping her arms around herself in an attempt to self soothe.

The ship lurched forward, as it was pulled into the docks of the carrier. Fluorite slowly emerge from the engine room, looking around confusedly.

"Our.....engine's.....stalled..." she added, just as the ship clunked to the dock, knocking the gems and Lars out of their seats.

"Everybody, prepare to be boarded, and for a-" Lara was cut off with a hard blow to the gut. Jasper stood behind him, a wild grin on her face. The boy fell to the floor, coughing from the lack of air in his lungs.

Padparadscha gasped in astonishment.

"We are going to be betrayed by Jasper!" She squealed, catching Jasper's attention, she lumbered toward the tiny orange gem, grabbing her and picking her up.

"You're the most annoying out of everyone here!" She bellowed, tossing the gem aside, the force of the impact caused her to poof.
Rhodonite stared in shock and fear at the giant gem, unable to move.
Lars shambled to his feet, wiping the slobber from his mouth and glaring at Jasper.

"I thought you were on our side?!" She yelled, Jasper turned, slapping him against the wall, he crumpled to the floor just as Emerald's Citrine guards ambushed the ship.

They whipped out destabilization razors, thrusting them into the off colors where they stood. Their gems clacked to the floor.

Jasper ran into the command center of the ship, frantically setting in coordinates at Rhodonites station before turning around to face the Emerald that stood in front of her.

Lars slumped in the corner, nearly unconscious as he tried to get up. He glanced at Jasper who looked pleased to face Emerald, then his eyes focused on his friends gems, they were scattered about on the ground.

"Thanks for coming to pick me up." The orange gem remarked. Emerald smiled at her companion, before looking down at Lars.

"Thanks for leading me straight to him."

Lars lifted his head and tried to push himself to stand, he glared at Jasper.

"You tricked us!" He spat, the gem approached him, picking him up by the shirt collar and bringing him close to her face.

"No, you're just gullible." She laughed, dragging him out of the ship. The Citrine soldiers picked up the off color's gems, and followed behind her, throwing them into destabilization cells along the way.
Jasper tossed Lars into his own cell, one with regular bars to prevent him from escaping.

"You freaks are all the same; way too trusting." The orange gem snidely remarked before leaving her prisoners.