Pt 10 Chapter Two: The Concoction

Aquamarine sat on the table at the center of her saucer, bouncing the pink bubbled gem in the air, watching the water slosh around inside.

"What a lucky find, Antarcticite." She giggled, glancing at the gem who stood leaning against the wall, casually inspecting her long fingers.

"Figured it would come in handy." She answered, Jasper sat at the pilot's chair, thumbing Lapis's gem in her hand, frustrated that the gem had yet to reform.

"So, are you going to let her reform?" Antarcticite questioned, nodding toward the bubble Aquamarine was bouncing gently in the air. The blue gem paused, reflecting on the idea before shaking her head, a sly little grin creeping across her face.

"Mmm...no, I think it will be more devastating for Steven to see her like this- I mean, she got like this because of him, don't you think?" She answered, tossing the bubble to Antarcticite. The white gem caught it, inspecting the gem and bottle inside.

"So," the tiny blue gem lifted herself in the air, fluttering toward her companion and flicking the bubble, causing the heart gem to bob inside. "You can imagine how great it'll be to see the look on his face when we pop it right in front of him. She'll reform and whatever happened that made him poof her will come flooding back!"

She grabbed the bubble, floating away, tossing it between her hands.

"And when he's distracted by all of that, well..." she trailed off, her eyes squinting as the brilliant plan came to her thoughts. She cackled, throwing the bubble in the air and letting it stay suspended above her.

"Let's just say, it will be a really good show."

The blue gem flitted to her pilot, shocking Jasper from her distracted thoughts about Lapis.

"So?! Did you find it yet?" She chided, leaning over the orange gem's shoulder.

"There's a galaxy warp located here, we can take it to these three planets." She pointed at a few planets that had surrendered to Aquamarine's coup. "And then take a ship to the Kindergarten."

Aquamarine nodded, her eyes pinpointing on the location she desired to go to. She pointed at the planet nearest to their intended destination.

"Go there." She ordered, noticing the blue gem in Jasper's hand. She eyed it and plucked it from her fingers inspecting it closely.

"A Lapis Lazuli? Is this the one you've been going on about? Why haven't you bubbled her?" She asked, preparing to bubble the gem herself. Jasper quickly snatched the gem out of her hands, rubbing it gently.

"Don't!" She mumbled, glaring at Aquamarine. "I'm saving her for later." She replied softly, looking longingly at the still unformed gem.
If Aquamarine knew her intentions, she would desert her immediately, it was a stroke of luck that she even managed to gain her trust looking the way she did. If Aquamarine knew she intended to fuse with Lapis, she would surely despise her.

Aquamarine scoffed, letting the quartz have her toy, she flew back to the table, now bored of the travel. She wanted to seize control of gemkind and flying from location to location was more boring than ever now that she had control of at least a third of the planets unter the gem empire.
It had been easier than she'd imagined, the amount of high ranking gems who quickly turned to her side after Steven mucked about in his pseudo diplomatic escapade. He'd halted gem production, forfeited their homes and single handedly destroyed all their warfare capabilities.
It was a wonder that no one had thought of retaliating sooner.
That's a lie.
Tons of far lesser, far more stupid gems had been opposed to his changes, but he managed to work his magic of conversation and change their minds.
The key, Aquamarine thought, was to wait patiently, until the masses were bursting at the seams. Ready to revolt, wanting to revolt.