˚◞༄ | 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

I just realized how out of character is Bokuto in this chapter
EDITED
———————————

I just realized how out of character is Bokuto in this chapterEDITED———————————

"IN EVERY PERSON THERE LIES AN ARTIST WAITING FOR THEIR MOMENT"

You were on you way to your volleyball practice and mumbling about how bad your day was. Appaerantly your best friend told you about the 70th boy she met and when you were about to tell her something about YOUR life she basically wasn't even listening. You didn't blame her, after all you would be giddy and happy too, but that didn't mean you couldn't share anything with her. You were proud of her that she was able to socialize with boys and her being in love but it irritated you. You had absolutely love life yet life gives her so many chances and she just keeps messing aeound with boys. Even though you had Bokuto and Akaashi as your friends, Akaashi has a girlfriend and Bokuto is Bokuto. He is a fricking moody boy who is always irritating you to no end but of course you still considered him as a really good friend.

You looked at the time and saw you were late for practice you letted out a frustated sigh and started running. You were on the verge of tears but no, you wouldn't cry over something this stupid. I mean your day was not that ba-

Your thoughts were cut off; you turned around the corner and because of you were running so fast you slipped and fell hard on the floor. To your luck someone witnessed your fall, you looked up and saw a familiar face. Bokuto was staring at you, trying his hardest not to laugh.
"(Y/n) you okay?" - he asked enthusiastically.
'No i'm not' - you thought. Suddenly tears started roll down your cheeks, this happened to be the last straw. You didn't care anymore.
"Fuck this" -you mumbled and you kept laying on the cool floor, letting your frustrations go. You sobbed and curdled up in a ball ignoring Bokuto completely.

The boy was panicking he had absolutely no idea what the hell he should do. He was never really good at comforting people. It was always him who was in the bad mood and needed cheering up. And you were one of his best friends, he never saw you crying. Like never. He crouched down and pulled you up into his arms.

"H-hey don't cry!" - he sushed you and looked around. - "Shouldn't you be at practice?" - he asked awkwardly, too scared to ask why you were crying. The question made you cry even more.
- " Oh NO i'm sORRY" - he panicked as he hugged you tighter. - "(Y/n) u-uhh, w-what happened?" - he asked after a long skip. You hiccuped and started calming down.
"Bad day." - you mumbled as you hugged him back. After some seconds of silence, he continued.
"..and do you to talk about it...?" - you brushed your tears away and took a deep breath.
"Long story short; i am socially weird and have no love life, (best friends name) told me about the 70th boy she started dating and i'm late for practice and everyone ignored me today and- an.. i- i" - your voice faltered for a second and you hiccuped. - "I just want to be loved. It's no fair my best friend had so many chances and i'm here single" - you hugged yourself and looked at Bokuto with lost eyes.

He blinked at you, he had absolutely no idea what he shoud do now. He cleared his throat and hugged you again. - "(Y/n)... believe me-" - he hesitated for a second here. - "there must be a guy out there who will love you with all his heart! ..I-if your best friend has dated 70 boy then she doesn't know what love really is. You don't have to be texting boys or knowing them if you only need one. So please don't be sad!" - your dumbfounded face made him fidget, did he tell too much? - "I-if your problem is that you don't have a boyfriend, i'm willing to ask you out on a date!" - he tried smiling but he absolutely failed.

This made you snort loudly at his weak attempt but it made you smile!
"I've never heard you say so wise things before!" - you poked his sides and he finally snapped back to reality. - "I can't accept your date Bo. I know you said it to make me feel better but you have your own life too. I don't want to be a bother.." - you laughed as you wiped your tears. You never thought that Bokuto would make you feel better..Bokuto's face exploded in red and chuckled nervously.

"I meant that haha..." he scratched his cheek and looked straight into your eyes. - "Let's go on Saturday, we'll talk later now go to practice."
You stared at him for some second, processing what he just confirmed. You chuckled nervously, suddenly feeling very hot under his intense stare. You stood up quickly and started walking backwards.
"O-okay i'd like that haha! BYE!" - you stammered out, already forgetting about your miserable day, your new found embarrassment kicking in. You smiled giddly to yourself as you continued to run to practice, thinking about your future date.