˚◞༄ 𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐀 𝐑. | 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬

Dear @ihavebbxj asked for a Tanaka one-shot so here you go!
Feel free to request anytime 🥺!
UNEDITED
———————————

Dear @ihavebbxj asked for a Tanaka one-shot so here you go!Feel free to request anytime 🥺!UNEDITED———————————

"BUTTERFLIES CAN'T SEE THEIR OWN WINGS, BUT HUMANS ADMIRE THEIR BEUTY. YOU MAY THINK YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH, BUT TO OTHERS YOU ARE PERFECT"

You bitterly walked to school, thinking about your appearance. You were nervous (as always), looking frantically around to see how people are looking at you. Searching for eyes that hold disgust, but no luck. This made you even more anxious, what if everyone is judging you inside, but they don't show it because they don't want you to feel pathetic.

"Oh god, not again" - you groaned out loud as you realised you were overthinking again. You really needed to stop this, you knew this isn't healthy but you can't help it. You were really self-conscious, everything about you was weird and plain to you. You weren't fat and yes you were a bit slim but your stature was weird. Your feet were small, your thighs were huge, your upper body was small, your shoulders were small, your face is round, no jawline, messy hair, plain (your eyes color) eyes, and lots of birthmarks were all over your body.

You always looked like you just woke up, you couldn't do a thing about your hair, no matter what you did it just stuck out random places and oh.. the birthmarks were the worst. Lately they were like a painful reminder that you'll always have something that's not okay. This wasn't something you could help, not even make-up could, they were everywhere..

While you were lost in your thoughts listing all your imperfections, our dear Tanaka was running up behind you with starry eyes. He was always mesmerized by your beauty, he found everything about you absolutely gorgeous. He was in love with you, it was pretty obvious and you were too, but neither of you made a move.

You thought Tanaka will do something, since he is the man after all and you being the self-conscious person you are, over-thought a lot and maybe you've got everthing wrong and he is just being the flirty person he is. On the other hand Tanaka was waiting for the right moment to confess, but something always interrupted you two. Like he tried to ask you on a date yesterday but Noya came running that he lost his phone and he needs help asap. On Monday, the moment he started speaking your phone rang and you needed to go since your mom called. Last week, the fire alarm went off and everyone had to run out of the school, so yeah he was bad lucky but this time he will ask you out for sure!

He finally caught up to you and greeted you with a beaming smile.
"Good morning (last name)-san!You look absolutely ravishing today!!" - he grinned again, but then noticed your panicky state. - "Are you alright?"
"Oh, yes i'm good just a bit..." - you trailed off, not really finishing the sentence. He swung an arm over your shoulder.
"Whatever is troubling you, i am here to help if you need me" - he winked at you.
"A-ah, thank you!" - you smiled tho it wasn't as convincing as you intended it to be. Tanaka stopped you and looked seriously in your eyes.
"Okay, you've been sad and panicky for way too long these last couple of weeks, tell me what's wrong." - he said it confidently but his voice was full of worry. The confession can wait, your health was more important. You sighed and looked at the ground sheepishly.
"I know i shouldn't be thinking like this and it's kind of embarrassing to talk about, especially to you, but you deserve to know it i guess.. i just don't feel pretty and uhh..i'm kind of scared of others opinions..you know i'm not really unique nor pretty, i feel like I'm unattractive, i feel judged everywhere i go.." - your expression turned sour, you remembered what happened last week in the changing room. You classmates pointed out your birthmarks on your body, some whispering how lucky they are to have a clear skin unlike you.

You never really minded the fact that you have so many birthmarks, you thought they were unique but now they look mocking as if you were dirty..
Tanaka suddenly gripped your shoulders, with an angry face.
"(Last name) how could you say that? Do you think i'm only in love with your personality?" - 'Oh no there was no going back now' - "With that body you could get anyone in the school! Your hair is so pretty, i always wanted to smell it, wait no, this sounded creepy" - he mumbled as he put his hand on his chin. - "Your voice is so cute, i'm always melting inside when you are talking.. your eyes are also very pretty, they suit your personality! Oh and my absolute favourite is you birthmarks!" - he grinned cheekily. If you were not blushing before the last statement definitely made your cheeks go red. - "They look like stardust, they are the things that make you, you." - he smiled as he caressed one of your birthmarks on your face.
He suddenly realised himself and went red too, he started scratching his neck and coughed to cover up his embarrassment and continued.
"With all that said, uh.. I really, really like you, would you like to go on a date with me?" - even if shyness wasn't Tanaka's nature this time he couldn't be his usual confident self.
With tears in your eyes you rapidly shaked your head up and down, implying a yes.
"Of course" - you leaned over and pecked his cheek.