˚◞༄ | 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

If you feel like a relationship is one sided or toxic don't be afraid to cut it off. Don't put it off and don't say that we'll be fine. Because it's not fine. You deserve better
EDITED
———————————

"YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD BREAK ME, CLIPPED MY WINGS BUT FORGOT I HAD CLAWS"

You were always afraid, that you'll never get a boyfriend because of your weird personality. But you wouldn't change for the world. You always dreamed about a prince who would magically fall in love with you and love you for being yourself and all that dumb cliché stuff. But of course, you knew it would never happen.

You and Oikawa started dating two months ago and as time passed, you started to notice that Oikawa was weirded out by you. He cringed at your actions, he denied knowing you, he avoided you in school and honestly it hurt. You knew this wasn't a healthy relationship and you needed to do something. It hurt to know he doesn't love you for who you really are, that he doesn't accept you, that he wished you were different. Well, you are different from the average but that look he gives you everyday, it's filled with such disgust and disappointment.

It was funny because he was a bit weird too and that's the exact reason why you fell for him. Not for his looks, or for his volleyball talent, no. For his personality but it wasn't the same for him.

He told you to meet him, at lunch break, behind the school and you figured out what was coming. You knew he was going to break up with you, but you were okay with it. Why would you cry over something that was never yours in the beginning? He never loved you for you, so why bother to throw a fuss about it?

Somewhere deep down you knew it hurt you, everyone would be heartbroken if they aren't accepted the way they are.

You walked quietly towards him, seeing the worried look on his face, you began to doubt your decisions. You were too scared to say anything, scared of breaking down in front of him.

"(Y/N), i want to talk about something and i'm really serious about this, so take this seriously!"

You nodded, not trusting your voice.

"I..i'm not happy with you, i feel like i lost interest in you. That i'm no longer in love with you and i'm sorry i thought that, maybe if i ignore the feeling it'll-"

You cut him off, not really wanting to waste your time by hearing out his excuses.

"Toru- i mean Oikawa. It's fine i get it, you don't need a reason to break up with me. It's your decision and i respect it. So if that's all you wanted to discuss, i'm going to head back to class now." - you announced and walked away.

"Wait!" He grabbed your hand.

"Oh come on Oikawa what else is there to say?"

"....Y-you're not going to cry? Or atleast look sad? I mean, i just broke up with you?!" - You scoffed.

"Oh please Oikawa, this clearly shows how much you actually know about me... after 2 months you should have realized that i'm not the typical, cliché girl who you can find in every street...  So no, i'm not going to cry over you, you didn't deserve me, and neither did i you. Even if i still love you, i can't force you to be with me, so there is no point in crying over about it and making you pity me. Making you stay with me for a little longer would make both of us suffer." - you finished you speech and yanked your arm out of his and walked away.

Little did Oikawa know, that he let go of the best girl he would ever get..