Our song

Four weeks later

We were at school in the studio room. Jhené had this dope Idea to make a song today, and we had to hop on it ASAP. I was in the booth with the headphones on. They began to play the beat, and I started vibing. "Turn me up and take me back," I said, and he did as told.

"I had to, add distance just to miss what we were, had to, give you the freedom to know what confinement was, showed you, love, but you missed the way we hated each other, never know a lover could hurt you more than a bullet, I bleed you, and you just wanted the spotlight, dis M.v.p, so sick of the limelight, but if this my final bow before the curtains close..." I said, and we went back and forth in the studio until we settled on a dope ass song and lyrics.

Jhené was sitting down listening to our song, and I was smirking when the door opened. Muda looked at me with his football uniform on like he was out of breath."BRUH, we gone be late for practice! I've been looking for you err where." he said, and I looked at him shook. "Gotta go, bae!" I said as we began running. We made it to my car and got in. I drove to the field, and I parked the car, then I quickly got dressed.

Muda ran to the field, and for some reason, something told me to look over to the right of me. I did, and I saw Megan looking at me shook, but I ignored it and finished getting dressed. I quickly grabbed my keys to the car and got out the trunk. I slammed it and ran to the field. I made it with one second to spare, and everyone looked at me, confused.

"200 push-ups starting now!" the coach yelled, and I quickly got on the ground and began doing them by myself. Then Muda came over and began doing them with me. "Hunnid a piece?" Muda looked at me, asking, and I nodded. "Thanks, brudda," I said, and we got to working quickly, knocking them out.

Ten minutes later

I was on the field with Muda and Petcha running some drills. While the cheerleaders were off to the side practicing. Every so often, I would look over but not too much cause Megan was in the bleachers watching me. "Ok, Petcha out Amir in!" Coach yelled, and they switched.

I looked up and saw Jhené watching me. Then she looked at her sister Jamila. Jhené waved at me, then Jamila J smiled. I winked at both of them, and they chuckled. Then I saw Meg staring at Jhené. I didn't know If Jamila or Jhené could fight. But I will try to make sure It wouldn't come down to that. I saw Megan slowly make her way to them. I slowly began walking over to them as did Muda, Petcha, and Amir, but they stayed back a little.

Megan made it to Jamila and Jhené before me. She spoke as Jamila and Jhené turns around to look at her. "Hi, I'm Megan, Lovely and I ar-" Before she could finish, Jamila spoke. "Lovely's old friend, yea, we know. Nothing more and nothing else."

I looked a little shocked, but I made my way back to the field. Jhené looked at her and smiled. "We know you like her, and there won't be any problems as long as you stay in the friend position as long as I'm here." Jhené and Megan looked at me.

But I was already back on the field preparing for our away game that was coming up.

(Pg,16)