Chapter-7

Ariana

I opened my eyes when I received the feeling of slight burning. I looked at the source which was causing me to feel burned; it was the searing heat of the sun penetrating my skin. I groaned when I came back to my senses. I slept on the cushioned bench last night with curtains wide open. I looked up towards the wall clock, it was six in the morning.

I stood up from the bench and made my way to the bathroom and as soon as I entered the bathroom, I gasped out loud. The bathroom was huge, it was almost the same size as the room. Floor tiles were shiny white, giving the feeling of glass. A large modern bathtub is placed at one side of the bathroom and a glass-walled shower beside it. Some indoor plants are placed on the side making the bathroom more beautiful.

I brushed my teeth and then I stripped out of my wedding gown and headed into the shower; I was not a fan of a long bath. I turned the knob of the shower and stood below the stream of water flowing from the shower. I let out a breath when water touched my head. I did not wet my hair daily but today I needed it... to calm my head for some time from the thoughts swirling in my head otherwise I would have gotten a headache. After showering, I took a towel that was placed neatly in the cabinet and towel-dried myself then wore the robe and stepped out of the bathroom. First, I shut the curtains of the room with the remote control. Yeah, curtains were controlled by a remote. I knew I was in the room on top of a tall building and no one could see me from outside but still, I wasn't feeling comfortable changing my clothes without shutting the curtains.

I opened my suitcase and I took out black casual sweatpants, t-shirt and wore it. I didn't feel like wearing jeans when I knew I'd not be going out. Sweatpants are more comfortable.

I air-dried my hair then combed my waist-length hair, my hair is deep brown-almost black, anyone could misjudge it as black, especially at night. I put my hair into a bun. I never leave it open, all the time either my hair is braided or in a bun. My hair is super smooth, silky, and straight. But Scarlet always used to bully me that my hair looks hideous, I always felt self-conscious of my hair that's why I always tied it up. I don't even put it in a ponytail.

After getting ready, I sat on the bed, contemplating if I should go out of the room or not. What if I came face to face with him and he would get angry at me? But I needed to eat breakfast, I was hungry. What should I do?

The ring of the doorbell echoed in my ears, making me flinch. Someone was at the door. I looked at the wall clock which indicated 7:30 am. The doorbell rang again. Why isn't he opening the door? I wondered. When the doorbell rang the third time I stood up from the bed and made my way outside. I reached the living room. He wasn't there, maybe he's still sleeping. I should open the door before his sleep gets disturbed.

I opened the door to come face to face with a middle-aged lady. "Yes..?" I asked politely.

"Good morning Mrs. Knight, I am Molly Cooper, cook for Mr. Knight. He called me last night and asked me to come here at this time." She said in a very sweet voice.

"Oh, please come in," I said and opened the door wider for her. She entered inside with two other females.

"These girls came to cleaning the house. They will clean the house and in the meantime, I will prepare breakfast for you," She said, pointing towards the females standing beside her.

"Umm... Xav... Xavier is still sleeping, let him get up then you can make breakfast for him" Ugh...why I stammered speaking his name.

"Oh, no Mrs. Knight, he isn't here. He left for a business trip early in the morning. He informed me last night" she replied. Oh.. he isn't home.