Chapter-10

Ariana

I had no idea why I had been feeling weird. I felt jittery, I felt like butterflies were flying in my stomach and it was giving me an unusual sensation. My legs were shaking and my mind was not calm. It was not just another day for me, It's a new opportunity, a new beginning. From today onwards I'd be working for my husband as his P.A. I didn't know how I'd manage to work as his P.A. when I had a problem with socializing with people. And being a PA means I had to speak to many people related to work. But I have to do it. It's now or never.

I was standing in the closet, in my bathrobe trying to figure what to wear. I didn't have many clothes and I couldn't wear jeans, t-shirt as I had been wearing them all my life at work. They were small jobs and clothes didn't matter there, but I couldn't wear them at his workplace. He owned a big company. I couldn't afford to make fool of myself by wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I should have gone shopping for clothes a day before. I have some savings from my last job.

I only had one or two outfits that look professional. I choose white pants, a classic white shirt, and a navy blue cardigan. It was fall season, making the weather slightly chilly. I wore the outfit and looked at myself in the mirror. I hope this outfit looks professional.

I had a problem with wearing skirts or any other piece of cloth which would show my skin, especially my stomach, lower back, and thighs, I was not comfortable. I wanted to wear them but I couldn't because I couldn't let anyone see my past, the insecurities that I had been hiding underneath the clothes.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and blinked back my tears which were threatening to fall. I shook my head vigorously...this is not the time to recall the past.

I wore ballet flats, my height is good, 5'8", so, I didn't have to worry about looking short. Heels would do nothing but give me sore feet. I put my hair in a bun and wore my only silver wristwatch. I didn't put on any makeup, just nude lipstick, thin eyeliner, and applied moisturizer...I was not into makeup. I took my precious laptop bag and slung it over my shoulder.

Yeah, this laptop was precious to me. When I was in college, I won a competition, and college management gave me this laptop. But the one who handed it over to me said the laptop is from someone special. I didn't know who that someone special was but I was thankful to that person as the laptop had helped me in my studies a lot since I couldn't afford to buy it myself. I didn't let a single scratch come to the laptop.

I ate my breakfast which Mrs. Molly prepared for me; she told me that Xavier had already left because he had some work to do before going to the office. I left for work at seven fifty because I had to take the bus to reach the building and it would take twenty minutes by bus to reach the building. I didn't want to be late on my first day.

The bus dropped me at the bus stop near the building. The building was 5 minutes walk away from the bus stop.

When I reached outside of the building, I stood there frozen looking towards the sky-high glass building. It's magnificent, truly amazing and at the top, there's written XDS AUTOTECH in bold letters.

I made my way inside the building, greeting good morning to the guards. When I got inside, I was spellbound by the inside beauty of the building. His workplace was truly a fine piece of architecture.

Looking around, I reached the reception desk and tried to get the attention of the lady sitting across the massive desk whose face was covered with heavy makeup. She's wearing a very tight shirt which was showing her deep cleavage. How could she wear such a tight dress at the workplace and how was she even breathing in such a tight dress? I glanced at her name tag placed on the desk... Katherine..that's her name.