Chapter-9

Xavier Knight

I had been sitting in my office waiting for her to arrive. It was eight in the morning and she was to arrive at eight-thirty. I left my penthouse early as I had some work to complete and also I didn't want to see her in the morning, not because she had done something abhorrent, but because I was still not used to someone's presence in my house. I just left before she could come out of her room.

I knew I had been a jerk for disappearing after our marriage without informing her. But I was angry at her, at myself, at everybody. I didn't want to talk to anyone so, I just left, but I did drop a text to Mrs. Molly so that she could inform her.

I had no idea what came up to me and I offered her the vacant position in my office. I didn't know why I offered her the position which would allow her to be closer to me all the time. But I did, and now I had to live with it.

Well, she better arrive on time otherwise she will see my boss mode which I am very eager to show her. I strictly told her not to tell anyone about the marriage thing. I didn't want anyone to know about that. I wanted to keep this information hidden, not because I wanted to give people the idea that I was single, but because I hadn't accepted her yet.

I had no idea what was her lifestyle since she had been hidden all this while. But considering that she was Andrew's daughter and Scarlet's sister, she had been living in luxury and was still enjoying it. It was rude of me to order her to use public transport but I thought she would retort, but to my surprise, she didn't. I couldn't say anything, I just had to let everything go with the flow.

I sighed. She would get to see the real world now. She would get to know how the luxury is earned, like the way I learned. This is not everyone's cup of tea. One has to work hard to get all this by compromising sleep, comfort zone, and peace of mind. Even though I had my father's support, I had to work myself for everything. My father refused to find me connections since he wanted to do it on my own. Clients, equipment, marketing, productivity, hard-working and trustworthy employees, risks, profits; all these things are major aspects to run a business. Finance is not the only key.

I was not here by doing nothing! I worked hard to reach this position. I worked hard to make my own name when many people were there judging me at every step saying I had my father's finance with me, asking me why I was not joining my father's company as the CEO.

My father owned a company named Softtech. Corp. He built that company on his own. It's a software company that develops almost every type of software. Security software, gaming software, accounting software, downloading software, graphic software, educational software, you name it. And is a very renowned company in the USA.

It's not like, I didn't want to join my father's company, I just wanted to make my own name without involving my father in it. To date, my dad had been eagerly waiting for my agreement so that he could transfer the company to me.

But he knew that I always wanted to make my own name which I already had made. I have shown the world what I could do.

Building my empire brought me many other benefits too. I became a major shareholder in many companies around the world.

XDS Autotech didn't only belong to me. My best friends, Daniel and Sean were equal partners and we all did equal hard work to bring this company to the top. Hence, the name XDS AUTOTECH.

Daniel has been my friend since high school. My and his fathers were also friends. We entered the same college and opted for the same course because our interests were the same. His whole family including his mom, dad, and sister died in a plane crash when we were in the last year of our college. He was devastated by the news, luckily I, Sean, and my parents were there to handle and console him. Since then my parents took care of him and loved him like their own son. His father's company was transferred to him after that incident.

As for Sean... Daniel and I met him in college, he was also taking the same course. He had issues with his family. When we met him in college, he instantly became our friend and he also became close to my family.

Daniel, Sean, and I are more than just friends; we are brothers. Since the day we met, we have been with each other. We have shared our happiness and sorrows together. We know each other very well.

Daniel is full of life, he is funny, crazy, he is not hot-tempered. He barely gets angry. He always handles every situation calmly. But if anyone dares cross the line or anyone dare hurt his loved ones, that person has to go through his wrath. He can die and kill for his loved one.

Sean, on the other hand, is a serious man, he is even more serious than me. He's more reserved, silent, and grumpy. He barely joked.

XDS Autotech was our priority because it made us who we are today. We handle all our other businesses from here itself.

My train of thoughts was interrupted by a knock on the door. I glanced at the clock which indicated the time, eight-thirty. Hope it's her. I had challenged her to show me what she could do. Let's see what has she got.

I straightened myself in my chair and wore a bossy look.

"Come in".

_________________________________________