Chapter-33

Xavier Knight

As she saw me walking towards her, she stepped a little forward, leaving her colleagues behind. As I was walking towards her, my heart, mind, and soul were screaming to compliment her.

The moment I approached her, I swallowed hard, she looked even more breathtaking from closer. I racked my eyes on her beautiful face, making sure that the beauty standing in front of me was real. I flickered my eyes from her face down to her neck, I saw her gulp.

I looked back at her face to find her face already turned pink. Cute... Then I realized... Shit!! What was I even doing? I was gawking at her. We are in public. Damn!! What's wrong with me?

"You haven't complimented her yet. Do it now." My subconscious mind said. I cleared my throat.

"Why weren't you picking up the phone? I was calling you." Fucking hell. I was supposed to compliment her.

She immediately looked at her empty hands.

"Where's my phone? It was with me when we sat in the car." She mumbled to herself but I heard it. Then she made a face that she remembered something.

"I think I left it in the car and it was on silent mode. I'm sorry. I'll just go and get it." She said.

"No need. I'll call Finn to bring your phone. And next time don't put your phone on silent, get it?"

She nodded her head, looking guilty. Before I could say anything, a voice from behind me stopped me.

"Woah princess, you look gorgeous." Daniel came and stood beside me. He was tailing behind me?

"Wow, Ariana. You look really beautiful." Sean said, standing beside me. He too was trailing behind me? Can't they leave me alone?

"Thank you. You both look handsome too." She complimented both of them with a huge smile.

"Thank you, Princess. I am honored to receive a compliment from my lovely sister." Daniel said, making me roll my eyes. Ariana's smile now turned into a grin.

"Thank you, Ariana," Sean replied smiling.

"One more thing.." Daniel said, eyeing her up and down, and then he looked at me,  smirking.

"Did you two secretly planed the color code because you two are matching! Come on guys, you could have told me, I would have also worn the same color."

I looked down to look at my suit, then it hit me. We both were wearing navy blue. Her eyes turned wide when she looked at my suit. Her cheeks turned red.

"N..No..it's a coincidence." She replied.

"It's pure coincidence, Daniel," I said, glaring at him to which he smirked again.

"Yeah, sure coincidence.." He said, making Sean laugh. I raised an eyebrow towards Sean asking what was there to laugh. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Anyway, Princess, let me alert you about something," Saying that, Daniel stood beside her, facing me. I frowned. Alert about what?  She looked at him in confusion. Daniel looked at her and said,

"Princess, be aware tonight..." Daniel then pinned his eyes with mine, he smirked and said "...You look so beautiful that the men present here will try to hit on you. You might end up having uncountable proposals tonight."

I clenched my jaw and threw him a venomous glare. He was getting on my nerves now. How dare he even think about that? But no matter what, he was right. The way she was looking, men around here would definitely try to make a move. No way in hell I'll let that happen. I'll not leave her alone in the open field of predators.