Chapter-60

Ariana Knight

First day at work.

Xavier, mom, and dad accompanied me to Softtech Corp. Dad introduced me to all the employees. Everyone was welcoming, all the employees greeted me with a smile. Some smiles were genuine and some were... fake. But obviously, they couldn't say anything as I was the new boss.

"And this is your office," Dad exclaimed when we reached in front of large double doors on the top floor of the building.

CEO
ARIANA KNIGHT

I couldn't hold my smile when I saw my name boldly written on the door. Xavier patted my back and gestured me to open the door.

"Ariana dear, from today onwards you're going to continue the Knight's legacy. You will make decisions. I just want to say you that I am very proud of you. Don't ever listen to what people say about you, they can't be here so they'll try their best to make you feel non-deserving. What they don't know is that you are deserving and to shut their mouth, the only thing you have to do is prove all of them wrong with your hard work and passion. It will take time for you to adjust but I know..you will." Dad said and patted my head, making me all emotional. Xavier, who was standing beside me holding my hand gave a little squeeze to my hand to give me emotional support.

"Peter would have been so happy today," Mom muttered lowly when I sat on the CEO's chair.

Standing up, I approached her and took her hands in mine. "Mom, I never had a chance to see my father's face, his smile when I achieved little things in my life. I never experienced parents proudness until you two came in my life." I said looking between mom and dad. "Today I see my father in you, mom, and in you, dad. Seeing your smile and your expressions, I can now imagine what my father would have felt. Thank you for being my parents." A lone tear escaped my eye.

"We're the proudest parents in the world." She wiped the tear and patted my cheek.

Dad called a girl inside the office and introduced her as my P.A, her name was Liza. When she left the office, a wacky laugh escaped my lips.

"What was that for?" Xavier asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Nothing.. It's just.." I chuckled again. "Just a few days ago I was working as P.A and now I have my own P.A. It feels strange." I laughed at myself. They all joined me, laughing at my crazy thoughts.

Mom and dad left but Xavier stayed. Looking at him, I raised an eyebrow.

"You aren't leaving?" I asked.

"Yeah, I am, but I need one thing from you before leaving." He stepped towards me.

"What?"

"A kiss." He smirked, caging me in his arms.

"Goodness Xavier, this is office," I whisper yelled.

"So what? Office romance is more interesting than any other kind of romance. And we have done it before." He whined.

"But that was your office and this is mine. And I have some rules for my workplace. No kissing in the office is one of them." I teased him and smiled innocently.

"Oh, the boss already has rules? Then the boss must be aware that her husband likes to break rules." He winked & pressed his lips on mine.

"I love you." He whispered, touching his forehead with mine.

"I love you too." I smiled back.

:::::::::::::::::::

The first thing I decided to do was to go through the currently running contracts to know about the status of the company. Going through them I came up to a contract which was signed three months ago and we were already going in loss because of that.