Chapter-44

Ariana

You are mine...

If you think that I'm jealous then yes I am.

These two statements, these two confessions that came out of Xavier's mouth shook me to the core. He's jealous of Kevin. I thought he would want me to break my friendship with Kevin, but he didn't. I was glad that he didn't force me for anything.

My thoughts again went back to Xavier. Did his confession mean that he felt something for me? Did he mean whatever he said? Goodness.....he did!... He did feel something for me otherwise he wouldn't have said that. He's a man of his words, he doesn't fool around.

I felt corners of my mouth twitching up and in no time I was smiling like a fool. I wanted to jump in excitement because he felt something for me. I thought Xavier was still upset with me for marrying him but no, he's not. My heart was doing a happy dance by beating speedily.

The way he kissed me in his office was different from other kisses. The kiss felt like he poured all his possession and jealously in that kiss. The kiss was fast and filled with need..need of what, I don't know. The way he touched me was different and the most bewildering thing was, it didn't feel odd to me. My body automatically reacted to his every touch like my body was also yearning for some unusual needs.

Although physically I was sitting in my office, mentally I wasn't there. I tried to concentrate on my work because Xavier asked me to finish my work quickly as he wanted to take me out for a dinner. But after his confession, I lost all my focus. I wasn't able to even read a sentence written in documents because his words were blocking my thinking and concentrating capability.

Anyhow, I finished the work but I had to review my work two times to check if I made any mistakes. I then made my way to his office, silently wishing not to come face to face with Daniel.

Goodness, I was embarrassed, Daniel saw us standing close...too close to each other. What he must be thinking? And he'd surely tease me if he finds me. Just thinking of being caught by Daniel made me blush.

I knocked on the door of Xavier's office, but before fully stepping inside, I peeked my head through the door to see if Daniel was there, when I found no sign of him, I entered.

Well, I would have run away if Daniel was here.

"Finished? Already?" Xavier asked surprisingly when I placed the documents on his desk.

"Yes, all done," I said.

"I think someone is extra excited to have dinner with me." He chuckled, making me blush.

"No.. it's not that.."

"Well, if you're that excited then who am I to make you wait?" He said, standing up from his chair.

"You won't check the work?" I asked looking at him.

"I trust your work. I know you don't make mistakes. And if there's any need for checking, it can be done afterward." He said, buttoning up his suit jacket. He picked up his phone and rounded the desk to stand in front of me.

"Let's go."

I grabbed my laptop bag and other belongings from my office and then we both entered the private elevator. We reached the lobby on the ground floor.