Chapter-59

Xavier Knight

"Welcome everyone" My dad starts off his speech, standing at the podium on the stage. The hall was filled with news reporters of different channels, other media personnel, and some special guests.

"Today, we have gathered here to know the future of my company which I have been running since I graduated. Softtech Corp. has been running successfully since then. The best of the best team has created much brilliant software over the years maintaining the trust of our clients. To continue the trust and faith, I wanted my son to take over the company to continue the Knight's legacy but he has built his own empire which he and his friends are running very well. Seeing his progress, for once, I thought of selling the company but Xavier didn't let me. He never wanted me to let go of the hard work put into the business. He wanted time to set up his own business so I gave him all the time he wanted." He paused for a second then continued.

"Now, as my son is ready for the responsibilities, so today, I, Rupert Knight announce my retirement. Finally, I'll be a free bird. I'll be able to give more time to my lovely wife. She complains a lot about that." The crowd erupted in fits of laughter. He too was laughing, which caused mom to blush.

"Now, as the throne has been passed on to my son, it's in his hands how he handles it. He has got every right to decide for the company. Now I think my son should say a few words. Xavier, come up here." Dad gestured me to step on the stage. When I did, he passed me the mic to speak.

"Welcome everyone. Today I'm really glad that I freed my father from his responsibilities. He has done so much for me and is still doing. I know how business works... so dad, yes, finally you can give your time to mom." I chuckled. "Talking about the future of Softtech Corp, It'll be great, I assure you," I said with determination.

"There's something more I wanted to add. As you all know that I along with my friends runs a business and I have many other businesses running, so it'll be difficult for me to give all my attention to Softtech Corp. So, discussing this with my father, I have concluded that a highly talented and deserving leader should be appointed as CEO to run the company."

As soon as those words left my mouth, murmurs started erupting in the hall. All the media personnel bombarded me with questions.

"Is the person already appointed?"

"Who is the person?"

"Is that person from your family?"

"Where is that person?"

"Is that person a Knight too?"

"Okay okay, silence, please. I'll answer your every question. Let me start.. yes, that person is already appointed and yes, that person is from my family and yes, that person is a Knight." I said.

"Is that person here?"

"Can we meet him?"

"Yes, the person is here. Let me introduce you all to that person."

"So everyone, please welcome the new CEO of Softtech Corp....Mrs. Ariana Xavier Knight, my wife."

The hall filled with the sound of gasps, all the media members stood up from their respective chairs in shock and started asking questions like a maniac.

No question reached my ears as all my senses were on the lady who walked up the stage as she owns it. The confidence in her walk and face made me emotional. All the work done on her to boost her confidence paid off. And that dazzling smile of hers took my heart away.