Chapter-28

Ariana

The following day, the GBN team arrived before the anchor herself and began to prepare the interview room. The team had set the stage and adjusted the equipment accordingly. They also placed a moveable backdrop on the stage on which GBN and XDS AUTOTECH was written.

My duty was to supervise the preparations in the interview room. Scott was with Daniel in his office. Lauren had gone to the party venue to check on the preparations. She didn't want to go there as she'd be bored without any company, she wanted to bring me with her but I had to refuse because my presence was compulsory here in the interview room.

I had been observing the preparations being done on the stage when someone spoke from behind.

"Hey, beautiful... would you mind giving me the side?" I turned around to see a man standing there with a big white light-equipped umbrella with a stand-in his hand.

"Oh, I am sorry." I stepped aside so he could place the umbrella in the place.

"No problem, beautiful." He said with a smirk while eyeing me up and down. I frowned. Why is he calling me that? And why is he looking at me like that? I felt uncomfortable under his gaze. I stepped a little more aside. He then placed the umbrella stand in its place and then again turned to me but before he could say anything, I walked towards the door to exit the room.

As soon as I opened the door, I bumped into someone.

What's with me and my bumping into people?

"What the hell? Watch where you are going." I flinched at the high-pitched female tone. I looked up to see a woman who had shoulder-length blond hair and was wearing a one-shoulder white body-con dress that ended a little above her knees and was wearing pointed heels.

"Don't you have eyes? You could have ruined my dress." Saying that she bought me back in the present.

"Umm...I am so sorry. I didn't mean to—" But before I could complete my sentence I was cut off by someone.

"You are so clumsy, Ariana. Can't you walk with your eyes open?" Bianca snapped at me.

"Next time watch where you go." Diana snapped looking at me.

Bianca and Diana both worked in the Public Relation department and mainly handled the media relations of the company.

"Who is she?" The woman I bumped into asked Diana.

"Miss Sarah, she is Mr. Knight's P.A. Ariana Jones," Diana replied.

Oh, She's Sarah Park.

"Oh, you are the one I talked to yesterday? Well, you don't look like a P.A. of the most influential and powerful businessman here. I am even surprised that Xavier employed you as his P.A." She scoffed sarcastically, eyeing me up and down in disgust. I shifted uncomfortably. I felt humiliated.

"Well, whatever, move aside and where are your bosses?" Sarah Park asked, pushing me aside. Sarah, Diana, Bianca, and another woman who came with Sarah entered the room.

"Mr. Knight and Mr. Peterson are in urgent video conference meeting and Mr. Adams is in his office. They will be here in five." I replied, walking behind them.

"Then what am I doing here? You should have informed my assistant. Isn't this your work? And do you think I'll wait for them here? You should have prepared a VIP waiting room for me." Sarah snapped at me. I looked around to see everyone's attention was now on me. Bianca and Diana were snickering.

"It was Mr. Knight's order to bring you here directly as he won't take long to come here," I replied as politely as I could.

"Then you better go and inform him that I have arrived." She snapped.