Chapter- 24

Ariana

Sean arrived with Daniel and a doctor.

"Ariana, this is Dr. Colton. Our trusted doctor. Xavier always goes to him if he gets ill," Sean said while pointing at the doctor. I nodded my head.

"Xavier is in his room?" Sean asked me.

"Yes," I replied. All of us went to the room.

Sean and Daniel rushed to Xavier who had still been groaning in pain. Daniel touched his arm and Sean pressed the back of his hand on Xavier's forehead. "Fuck!" They both cursed in unison. Why they curse so much?

Doctor Colton sat beside Xavier to examine him. I stood beside Daniel who was standing beside Sean, the worry was evident on both of their faces.

"Has he taken any medicine?" Doctor asked, looking towards Daniel and Sean. But I was the one who was with him all the time so I answered,

"Yes, I gave him medicine an hour ago. But I think medicine didn't work for long 'cause he started groaning in pain again."

Doctor Colton strangely stared at me which made me uncomfortable. I averted my eyes, trying to be comfortable. He knew Xavier on a personal level, he must be wondering who I was and what I was doing in Xavier's penthouse. Sean and Daniel sensed my uneasiness because they both stepped in front of me, shielding me from the uncomfortable gaze of the doctor.

"What happened to him, doctor?" Daniel asked.

"He has a fever and cold. I think it's due to the weather." Doctor replied.

"I think he went into the rain," I replied. Daniel and Sean looked at me questioningly.

"I saw his wet clothes in the bathroom," I replied slowly, looking at them. They both nodded their head.

"He always gets a fever whenever he goes in the rain but still he doesn't learn," Daniel mumbled.

"I'll just give him a shot, it will bring down his fever fast." Doctor Colton took out a syringe from his bag, filled liquid medicine in it, and injected it into Xavier's upper arm then he took out some medicine from his bag and placed them on the bed.

"Give these medicines to him in the morning when he wakes up. And these medicines are to be given to him three times a day. He'll recover soon." Doctor Colton assured.

"What about the pain? He generally feels pain in his body when he has a fever." Sean asked the doctor.

"He also gets a headache during fever," Daniel said.  Oh! That's why he was groaning.

"Don't worry, the shot I gave him will bring down his fever and reduce the pain as well. And the medicine will do the same." Doctor assured. I sighed in relief.

"And also, give him light food." Doctor states.

"I shall leave now. If he doesn't feel well after taking medicine then call me again." Doctor said.

"Thank you, Doctor, for coming at this hour." Sean shook his hand.

"Don't mention, it's my duty." Doctor Colton replied as he shook Sean's hand.

"Come, I'll walk you out," Sean said to the doctor. The doctor stared at me before walking out of the room. Sean came up to me before heading out.

"Don't worry. He'll be fine. Okay?" Sean said softly, cupping my cheek with his hand. I nodded my head. Then he kissed the side of my head. I closed my eyes to feel his brotherly gesture. It made me feel relaxed a little.

Daniel sat beside Xavier and ran his fingers in Xavier's hair. Xavier stirred a little. I just looked at him adoringly. Both Sean and Daniel care for him a lot.