Chapter 2: Meet Dawn

The UglyDolls runs up to the area of where the newcomers lands on the target on the ground.

"New UglyDoll comin' in hot! Willard, shake a leg!" Ox shouted happily.

While getting ready, there's a big orange tortoise named Willard comes in slowly with a big mattress tied on his back.

"You heard the mayor, Willard. Get moving." Ugly Dog said.

"In three..." Ox shouted for the countdown with a timer.

"You got this, Willard." Peggy said.

"Two..." Everybody shouted.

"Does he, though?" Wage asked.

"One!" Everybody shouted.

The doors of the tunnel opens and a yellow UglyDoll comes out, falling down while screaming until she hits her head and everybody cheered. But suddenly, there was a blonde haired human girl doll with pink clothes comes out of the door too, but she gladly landed on the mattress on Willard's back safely and fell down to the ground steady. Everybody was shocked, but they cheered anyway.

"We're gonna need a bigger Willard." Ugly Dog said.

"Or maybe not a tortoise." Wage said.

"But at least, someone got on the mattress on time." Lucky Bat said.

Ox runs up to the yellow UglyDoll and picks her up.

"Is this where I get chosen to go to the Big World?" The yellow UglyDoll asked.

"Welcome to Uglyville, friend. What's your name?" Ox asked.

"Flattop! Crew Cut! Smushhead!" One UglyDoll from the ground shouted.

"Wedgehead?" The yellow UglyDoll asked.

"Great! I love literal naming!" Ox said happily.

"Yo, Ox. What about the other one?" Ugly Dog asked.

They all looked over to the doll. When Moxy, Ox, and the others walks up for a closer look to know that she's different than everyone because she's not really an UglyDoll, she's just a human doll. Suddenly, the girl opens her eyes slowly and sees the UglyDolls.

"Excuse me. Are you alright, miss?" Ox asked.

The blonde girl gets up and she's seems to not frightened to the UglyDolls. She looks all around the town.

"Where am I?" The girl asked.

"You're in UglyVille. What's your name?" Ox asked.

"My name is Dawn." The girl answered and raises her hand for an handshake.

Ox gives her an handshake to meet her.

"That's a lovely name. I'm Ox, the mayor of UglyVille." Ox said.

"Hi, my name is Moxy." Moxy said and gives Dawn a handshake too.

"Nice to meet you." Dawn said.

"These are my friends. Lucky Bat, Wage, Ugly Dog, and Babo." Moxy said as she introduce.

The others gives Dawn a wave and she waves back.

"Hi." Lucky Bat said.

"Hello." Wage said.

"Sup." Ugly Dog said.

"Howdy." Babo said.

"My name is Dawn." Dawn said.

"Welcome to our town, Dawn and Wedgehead." Ox said to both girls.

Dawn and Wedgehead looked to each other, smiled and waves to each other to greet.

"Everybody, lets give our two new neighbors a tour." Ox said to the crowd.

"I'll show them around." Ugly Dog said.

Ugly Dog holds both each of the girls' hands and runs around the town for the tour and he begins to sing.

Stop the press
Ugly Dog is here
Story of the day
The month, the year
Here's a scoop
On the way down-low
Check out the flow
Cats are rappin'
Lobsters snappin'
Only the dog
Makes the party happen
Put it in your paper
Sealed with a kiss
Couldn't be better
Than this

Moxy and the gang sings the song as the UglyDolls are having a feast as a family.

Another madhouse night
In a crazy-quilt world
And our hearts couldn't soar
Any higher
We got our freak flags
Flying completely unfurled
And we just couldn't be More on fire
And life's a nonstop blast
It's utter awesomeness
Yeah, it's crazy, you bet But
it couldn't get Better than this

The UglyDolls holds food on their hands around the table.

"Food fight!" Ox shouted happily as he joins in as well.

What could ever be
What could ever be
Better
Than this
Couldn't be
Better than this

The song ends.

"Except maybe for the Big World." Moxy said.

"I heard that. Now, Moxy, I've lived here longer than anyone, and it really does not get any better than this." Ox said.

"Look, you know I love it here. It's not about that. It's just... haven't you ever felt like, even if you're happy, which I definitely am... I mean, I just spent an entire day singing about it... there's still something else, there's something more you're supposed to be doing?" Moxy asked as she explained.

Ox was feeling worried about Moxy's explanation, but he didn't say anything to respond.

"Good night, Ox. Lucky Bat, see you tomorrow. Maybe it'll be the day." Moxy said.

Moxy gives Ox a kiss on the cheek and leaves. Ox was feeling worried and Lucky Bat realizes it.

"I just don't want to see her heart get broken when this impossible dream of hers doesn't come true." Ox said.

"Maybe I could talk to her." Lucky Bat said.

"Oh, please, Lucky, give it a try. We've run out of options here. She doesn't listen to me. I've done everything I can do." Ox explained.

"I'll give it a try. For you... and Moxy." Lucky Bat said.

Moxy keeps on walking to go home for the night until Dawn walks up to her.

"Hi, Moxy." Dawn said.

"Hey, Dawn. You are okay with staying here?" Moxy asked.

"Of course. I've never had friends for a long time." Dawn said.

"Why don't you come to my house? I've got an extra bedroom there, you can live with me if you like." Moxy said.

"Sure. Thanks." Dawn said.

Both Moxy and Dawn got some pink flowers from a purple UglyDoll with a wagon full of flowers. They both went to Moxy's house, Moxy gives Dawn a pair of pajamas to wear for the night. Dawn went to sleep at her bed, but Moxy was still awake in her bedroom. She was still feeling sad about her dream. Before went off to bed, she marks on her calendar as she quietly sings one last time.

Guess another sun has set
And another moon
Has smiled
I'm still just
One more doll
Still waiting
For her child
I'm sure it's gonna happen
Just like the stories say
There's a new day
'Round the corner
And it just might be
The day