Chapter 4: Into The Tunnel

The gang went up to the area of the target on the ground.

"Everything that comes to Uglyville arrives here. So if we're going to find the Big World, it's only logical we start here." Moxy explained.

"Okay, the Big World and children do not exist." Wage said.

"I just wanna have a look inside that flower. Who's with me?" Moxy asked.

"Don't do it." Wage said.

"I'm in!" Ugly Dog said.

"Me, too!" Babo said.

"Traitors." Wage said.

"Eh? Come on. Come on over here. Hit me." Moxy said as she had arms up and smiles.

"And I'm going too." Dawn said.

"Just a quick look." Wage said.

"And then we'll turn back." Lucky Back said.

"Yes! You guys are the ugliest. No offense, Dawn." Moxy said.

"Non taken. I know what you mean is that must be your town's language." Dawn said.

"Now the only question is, how do we get up there?" Ugly Dog asked.

"Does anyone have like a ladder or something?" Dawn asked.

Babo gets stuff out of his pocket like planes, a cannon, a trampoline, and a pogo stick, but nothing helped.

"Eh, I got nothing." Babo said.

"Hmm. We need something that could grip onto the edge nice and tight. Even then, it would still need to hold all our weight." Ugly Dog explained as he turns back to the others.

"Huh?" Ugly Dog asked.

Babo has a rope as the others were smiling at Ugly Dog, except Dawn and Wage.

"No, no. No. No!" Ugly Dog shouted dramatically.

The doors of the tunnel opens by itself and Ugly Dog was thrown up to grip on the edge of the tunnel by his teeth. His tail was tied by a rope for the others to climb up.

"Anytime now, guys. Let's go." Ugly Dog muttered while holding on.

The gang climb up to the tunnel and see the inside of a dark and scary view of the tunnel.

"Oh, good. A terrifying void." Wage said.

"That's always a good sign." Babo said.

"This is what the inside of a flower looks like?" Ugly Dog asked.

"Yeah, dark and creepy. All right, that's it. Let's go." Wage said.

The gang turns around to go back, except Moxy and Dawn were standing still as they look into the tunnel way.

"Anyone else going to UglyDolls On Ice tonight?" Babo asked.

"Nah, I don't wanna miss this week's episode of Uglyville's Got No Talent." Wage replied.

Moxy took a stomp to make the others turns back to see Moxy and Dawn, confused.

"Moxy?" Wage asked.

Moxy was excited as Dawn was feeling sad as she looks down.

"Are you alright, Dawn?" Lucky Bat asked.

"Yeah. I'm good." Dawn answered.

"Let's just call it a day, huh?" Babo asked to Moxy.

"You guys, this pipe goes somewhere." Moxy said.

Wage tapped on Lucky Bat to talk to him.

"Say something to her." Wage said to Lucky Bat.

"Um... Sometimes, the insides of our dreams are hollow. Like this pipe, for example." Lucky Bat said.

"Hollow, huh? I guess a girl can dream. We'll just go on back like a bunch of go-on-backers." Moxy said as she walks back desperately.

"I just gotta see what it's like!" Moxy shouted happily as she decided to run into the tunnel.

"I think we probably should have expected her to do that." Babo said.

The gang runs to follow Moxy to go more further into the tunnel.

"Here we go." Moxy said.

"Moxy, wait for us!" Dawn shouted.

"Moxy. Moxy! Slow down. You're gonna slip. It's dangerous" Wage shouted.

Moxy laid down to slide down to go as she painting, but she was going nowhere as the others stopped running as they looked at her, confused.

"Almost there! Come on! Come on, guys! Come on!" Moxy shouted.

Moxy was still keep on moving around while laying down and panting, but she was still not moving until she stops.

"Um... I guess not." Moxy said.

Moxy moves back up to the others.

"Guys. What if this is the way to the Big World?" Moxy asked.

"But Ox says there is no Big World and he..." Babo asked.

"He didn't know there was something else out there. But we do. This pipe? It's real, and it has to lead somewhere. Maybe it's the Big World. If anyone can figure it out, it's us. Lucky, what could make you wiser than solving the ultimate unsolved mystery? Hello! Mystery ahead! And, Ugly Dog, you're my best friend." Moxy said as she explained.

"Well, that's just hurtful." Wage said.

"Are you really going to let me go in alone?" Moxy asked to Ugly Dog.

"You ain't goin' alone." Ugly Dog answered.

"Classic guilt trip." Wage said.

"And when someone needs help, who y'all gonna call? Babo, that's who!" Moxy said.

"I gotta say, she gets me." Babo said.

"Hmm. I suppose a little journey could be enlightening." Lucky Bat said.

"I'm interested to see somewhere amazing to go. I'm coming too." Dawn said.

The gang all looked at Wage.

"This is ridiculous! Going into a creepy pipe that spells certain doom? No. No, thank you!"  Wage said.

"Please, Wage. It'll be fun." Dawn said.

"Go ahead. Give me your big sell. Tell me that I have to go. It's my duty as a doll to be a friend. Tell me that deep down I want to know what's over there, too. Come on. Give me the pitch!" Wage said.

"Okay. But if you don't come, you're going to have to climb down that cliff all by yourself. In fact, you'll go the same way if you go back up too." Dawn explained.

"Good pitch. You're good at it, Dawn." Wage said.

"I'm over with words." Dawn said as she smiled.

"Let's just let the record show that I am against this." Wage said.

The gang cheered and they all walked into the tunnel.

"Now, that's what I'm talking about, Wage." Ugly Dog said.

Babo got excited, he pushed the gang into the tunnel.

"Slow down, Blobby." Wage said.

"It's Babo." Babo said.

"I know your name." Wage said.