Chapter 19: The Gauntlet

Once they all reached to the the door, they were getting ready as the timer starts and the alarm went off. All of them got into the footy door fast and stay in silent as they look around the room, nothing was happening yet.

"Yes!" Moxy shouted happily.

The UglyDolls cheered and runs off wildly as Mandy runs off with them. Lou, Dawn, and the other pretty dolls were running off behind. But then, a big robotic dog comes out of the doorway. The pretty dolls moves out of the way except Nolan stops and the dog grabs him and runs off while holding him in his mouth.

"Help me!" Nolan shouted.

The UglyDolls were trying not to get caught. The dog knocked out two dolls out by its tail.

"Lou, should we help him?" Dawn asked.

"Leave him! He's a lost cause. He's gone forever." Lou said.

"I'm over here! You could grab my hand!" Nolan shouted as he reach out his hand, but gets dragged back.

"There's nothing we could've done." Lou said.

The UglyDolls and Mandy got to the doorway, but the robotic dog sees them and drops Nolan as he growls at them.

"Good doggy." Nolan said.

"You call that a dog?" Ugly Dog asked as he walks up to the robotic dog.

The robotic dog was still growling as Ugly Dog walks in front of it.

"It's all right, guys. Slick Dog's got this." Ugly Dog said.

Ugly Dog was in a black suit and wearing sunglasses, he dances to the upbeat music and the robotic dog was in a shocked expression.

"What are you doing?" Lou asked.

"Havin' fun, gettin' crazy, gettin' loose! Go! I'll stall him. Go, go, go!" Ugly Dog shouted while dancing.

The robotic dog was still staring at him while the UglyDolls and the pretty dolls were running off. The UglyDolls and Mandy slides down in the ramp of the stairs and the pretty dolls went down by the stairs. Suddenly, a big vacuum comes out of the door and gets in front of Dawn, she got scared and stay in fear.

"Huh?" Lou asked as he stops running.

Lou decided to help Dawn, he came up with the idea to push Tuesday in front of the vacuum instead.

"Hey!" Tuesday shouted.

"Go, team!" Lou shouted as he grabs Dawn's hand and takes her to run.

"Lou! I totally don't deserve this!" Tuesday shouted as she gets into the vacuum while screaming.

"Uh-oh." Babo said as he sees the vacuum and helps out.

Babo runs up to the vacuum, takes out the tube and blows out to the popped the bag of the vacuum to let Tuesday get out.

"I'm starting to think Lou's just not that into me. Dawn is so gonna pay for this." Tuesday said angrily.

When the UglyDolls were still catching up, Lou was still running while holding on Dawn's hand to come along.

"You saved me from the vacuum." Dawn said.

"How could I let go to a beautiful girl like you anyway." Lou said as he looks back at her and winks.

"Well, thanks." Dawn said while blushing.

The UglyDolls and Mandy were on a toy bulldozer, but when they got closer. There was a big robotic baby that grabs on Lou and makes Dawn to fell to the ground. The robotic baby kicked to toy bulldozer to make the gang fell down.

"You don't wanna do this, Baby. No!" Lou shouted.

The audience of the pretty dolls and the UglyDolls were shocked, there was a timer said that they have one minute left for the Gauntlet.

"Moxy! Ox! Are you guys okay?" Dawn asked as she runs up to them.

"My head feel not good." Ox said.

"I think we're fine." Moxy said.

The robotic baby grabs Dawn and shakes both of them while moving around as Lou and Dawn were gasping. The UglyDolls and Mandy were exiting to the doggy door.

"Hey! Is it okay for a pet to have their own pet?" Ugly Dog asked.

The gang looked to see Ugly Dog riding on the robotic dog with Babo, Tuesday, and Nolan. The robotic baby was still holding Lou and Dawn as shaking around.

"Unhand me, you annoying little hazard. Let go now!" Lou shouted angrily.

Lou kicked the robotic baby in the nose to make the baby cry and Dawn gasps in shocked. The crowd gasps and were in shocked as well to see it.

"Did you see that? Who kicks a baby?" The male pretty doll asked.

"Boo, Lou!" The mommy octopus shouted and blows raspberry.

The robotic baby whimpers and throws Dawn to the ground and throws Lou as he yells, into the toy house with blocks and the audience cheered for that. Thirty seconds left for the Gauntlet. Lou gets out and runs up to Dawn.

"Let's go, Dawn." Lou said and he leaves to the doggy door.

Dawn was looking at the baby crying.

"Dawn?" Lou asked.

The gang looked to see Dawn walking to the robotic baby.

"What is she doing?" Ox asked.

"I don't know." Mandy said.

Moxy decided to walk with Dawn to calm down to the baby. Dawn sings a little song to calm down the robotic baby with Moxy.

She just wants to be beautiful
She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits
She craves attention, she praises an image
She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor
Oh, she don't see the light that's shining
Deeper than the eyes can find it
Maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain and cut her woes away
'Cause cover girls don't cry after their face is made

And there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Oh-oh, oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing, the world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful

While Dawn and Moxy were singing, they hugged the robotic as the baby calms down and smiled. The gang smiled and walk to them slowly. Lou looks over to them, but snaps out and decided to come out of the doggy door. The time was up for the Gauntlet as it buzzes the sound, the pretty dolls and the UglyDolls looked over and were shocked still to watch the view. Ox walks up to Moxy and Dawn to be next to them.

"Sorry, we didn't pass." Moxy said to Ox.

"But, it's something that we all could do." Dawn said.

The gang sees house split in half to open and the audience were cheered happily. They see the screen of their pictures that they all have a checked marked prove that they all passed the Gauntlet.

"But how?" Wage asked.

"You did it, Moxy." Mandy said.

"Thank you, Dawn." Lucky Bat said.