Chapter 11: The S's of Messes

On the next day, Lou was teaching a class for training to the perfect dolls, the UglyDolls, Dawn, Mandy, and Nolan.

"Today, you begin your training. And I know that seems stressful, maybe a little scary. But remember, this is your purpose as a doll. And I would never let you fail. I've dedicated my entire life to making sure you go to the Big World. That's right. I'm doing this for you. And you. And you." Lou explained while pointing to some students, including Nolan.

"Me?" Nolan asked.

"Yes, you!" Lou answered.

"Wait, so that whole 'You're ugly, you're trash' song, that was because you loved me?" Nolan asked.

"Of course I love you. I love all of you. And I will take you there!" Lou shouted.

A lot of fireworks goes off and the dolls were surprised to see the view.

"I wanna hate him. I mean, I really wanna dislike this guy. But I gotta respect the man's fireworks budget." Ugly Dog said.

"I'm so awesome. But I'm here to get you pretty. Because pretty makes perfect. And I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty great to me! So let's get started!" Lou shouted.

Lou walks up to a red headed girl with two ponytails while holding a cup of tea.

"Do you want your clothes ruined by a tea party gone awry?" Lou asked as he spilled the tea over the girl's desk as she moves.

Lou goes to another girl, but with purple ponytails with a black permanent marker.

"Do you want to purchase yourself on the business end of a permanent marker?" Lou asked as he points the girl on the head with the market.

"No!" The purple headed girl shouted in fear.

"And you!" Lou shouted.

He goes to another girl, but has short yellowish orange curly hair.

"Your kid spent an hour styling your hair. But then, disaster strikes. Who's gonna get the gum out? Who?!" Lou shouted.

"I don't know!" The yellowish orange headed girl shouted in fear.

"Today, you're going to practice how to avoid stains, smudges, and spills. Or as I like to call them, The S's of Messes." Lou said.

The perfect dolls were smiling and polite laughs.

"Thank you. I actually came up with that one myself..." Lou said.

Everybody looked at the UglyDolls that they were playing with the bottle of white glue to have fun while Dawn was giggling, but not being messy until they see Lou walks up to the UglyDolls in a disapproved face.

"Sorry. Don't kids have fun getting messy? Wait. Was this part of the test?" Moxy asked.

"Yes, it was. And you passed!" Lou shouted happily.

"For real?" Moxy asked and drops the bottle.

"Enjoy the Big World!" Lou shouted happily.

The curtains of the stage opens up and there's a bright light in a tunnel.

"Thank you so much!" Moxy shouted happily.

The UglyDolls and Dawn were running up to the tunnel, but Lou grabs on Dawn's hand and drags her back to him.

"Don't worry, beautiful. You stay here." Lou whispered to Dawn.

"But, that goes to the Big World." Dawn said quietly.

Dawn looked over to see the UglyDolls went inside to tunnel. But it turns out, it was really a big washer that they were in. Lou and Dawn were at in front of the door of the washer as the door closed.

"This, students, is what happens to dolls who get messy." Lou said to the dolls.

The washer started as the water and soap went over the UglyDolls while spinning around.

"They get put through the wash!" Lou shouted.

The dolls gasps to be surprised.

"Every time you go through the washer, you come out a little less perfect. And if you keep getting less and less perfect, one day even the washer won't save you and your child's parents will throw you away." Lou explained.

The buzzer goes on for the washer to stop.

"I just don't want to see any of you get rejected." Lou said.

Lou looks at the UglyDolls in the washer and Dawn putting on a ponytail with a scrunchie to get ready for the training.

"So, if you want to pass these tests, avoid mess. Stay out of the wash." Lou said and leaves.

"You guys, he's right. We've got to focus. From this point forward, we do it Lou's way." Moxy said to the others.

For the past days while Dawn and perfect dolls were doing the training very well, the UglyDolls keeps on sending back to the washer whenever they get messy easily. Dawn was talking and laughing with Nolan, which it makes Lou jealous. So, whenever Dawn and Nolan are together, he would turn up the to hard levels to Nolan go the trainings like he did so to the UglyDolls and some of the perfect dolls too. Lou gets surprised for Dawn was doing very well for the moves and the skills for the training, which he never seen like anyone does it better than her. Lou even gives Dawn some pink roses and she gladly loves them and she blushes about Lou everyday.

One day, the UglyDolls were laying on the floor because they're exhausted from the training and getting washer.

"My, my. I'm impressed." Lou said.

"Thanks." Moxy said.

"And yet... Never mind." Lou said as slowly walks away.

"What?" Moxy asked.

"Far be it from me to discourage you." Lou said as he comes back.

"Yeah, no. That's really hard to do." Moxy said.

"Of course it is. But just between us, no matter how agile or unshakable you may be, when you look up there at that perfectly pretty doll and all the joy she comes with. Just imagine that your friend Dawn will have the same joy, if she goes to the Big World." Lou explained while him and Moxy watched the screen and imagines about Dawn.

"But, for you... Do you honestly think your little band of sock puppets stands a chance here?" Lou asked.

Moxy looks at her friends and back to Lou, but didn't say anything.

"Okay. Carry on tryin', but like I always say... Pretty makes perfect. Good luck at the Gauntlet tomorrow." Lou said and walks away.

Moxy walks to get to her friends.

"Maybe Lou is right. If pretty is what he wants, we can do pretty." Moxy said.

"Moxy, what are you talking about?" Babo asked.