Chapter 16: Kidnapped

Meanwhile, back at UglyVille while it was still night time, the city was black and white and things were falling as the UglyDolls were depressed.

"Extra! Extra! People of Uglyville are revealed to be..." The female UglyDoll said while holding up the newspaper.

"Rejects?" The male UglyDoll asked while reading the newspaper.

"Who'd have thunk?" The other male UglyDoll asked.

"We heard it straight from Ox's mouth." Baby said.

"Yep, it's time to wake up and smell the ugly." Wage said.

Wage stuffed the bag and gives it to the yellow male UglyDoll.

"Just the bag, please." The yellow UglyDoll said.

Wage gives him the bag instead, and he wears it over his head desperately.

What the UglyDolls didn't know was that the new UglyDoll came out of the chute and sees the town happily.

"I've arrived! I can't wait to learn about this magical place and all my..." The red UglyDoll said happily until someone shoved the newspaper to him.

"Oh." The red UglyDoll said as he reads the paper and plays the violin sadly.

"I wish I could say it wasn't so." Ugly Dog said while walking with Wedgehead.

"Things will never be the same around here." Wedgehead said.

"Brother, can you spare a button?" The grey UglyDoll asked to Ugly Dog.

Ugly Dog throws a button to the cup.

"Hard times. Hard, hard times." Ugly Dog said.

Ugly Dog walks up the pier and looks at Ice Bat as her boat sinks and she swims to a mother octopus with her baby. Moxy was already in her house while still sad.

"Sorry, Uglyville." Moxy said to herself while looking at the town and closed the door.

She crawls up to her bed.

"I'm sure that Dawn will be better off without me." Moxy said to herself.

Moxy looks down to her journal that has her drawings of her with a child. She started to cry, but tears a paper in anger and she laid back to go to sleep. The next morning, Moxy was still lounging on her bed until Peggy flies up to her bedroom window.

"Hey, yo. Wake up. Or don't. It doesn't matter. I wish I was sleeping. I don't know why I'm up all early in the morning." Peggy said and leaves.

Moxy wakes up and look down at her journal.

"I can't do this anymore." Moxy said as she lays back to her bed as her journal falls to the trash can.

A hand shows up to get the journal out of the trash, it was Mandy.

"Did that make you feel better?" Mandy asked.

"Mandy? What are you doing here?" Moxy asked.

"Moxy, you have to go back and complete the Gauntlet." Mandy said.

"There's no point." Moxy said.

"That's where you're wrong. All your life you knew the truth and you never stopped believing. And you were right! I never would have had the courage to come here, if it weren't for you." Mandy explained as she walks to sit next to Moxy as look at the drawings in the journal.

Moxy gets out of her bed and goes to her mirror to look at herself and Mandy went next to her.

"If you give up now because you're not perfect, what hope do the rest of us have? With five eyes or wedged heads or glasses? You need to fight, Moxy. Show them it's our differences that make us shine." Mandy explained.