Chapter 18: Getting Ready

At the Institute of Perfection, the perfect dolls were getting ready and cheering to see the action of the Gauntlet.

"Attention, please. All Gauntlet runners must immediately report to the starting area." The female announcer said.

The big house shows up as the crowd cheered more. Lou, Dawn, Nolan, and the three other perfect doll were there for attending for the Gauntlet.

"Are you ready for the Gauntlet?" Lou asked to the crowd.

The crowd cheered.

"I said, are you ready?" Lou asked in singing tone.

The crowd cheered more loudly.

"Yes! Excuse me. Sorry. Coming through." Mandy said as she gets to Lou.

Lou was shocked and Dawn was happy that Mandy was here.

"Hi, Mandy." Dawn said.

"Mandy. How unexpected." Lou said.

The Spy Girls looked around and gasps as the crowd sees.

"Step aside, model/engineer." The male UglyDoll said.

The UglyDolls from UglyVille were all there to sit on the benches in the audience as the pretty dolls were shocked and disgusted. Lou was upset that the UglyDolls were here as the gang walks up to the Gauntlet.

"Hello, old friend." Ox said to Lou.

"Oh, this is rich. This is really rich. You can't possibly think you'll pass." Lou said.

"Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. But every doll in this stadium is gonna see us try." Moxy said.

"You know what, Lou? When I first got here, I thought you were perfect. I couldn't find a single thing wrong with you. But I can see a lot better now." Mandy explained as she puts on her glasses.

"What!" Mandy shouted as she backs away.

"Lou, is Moxy and the others are running the Gauntlet?" Dawn asked to Lou.

Lou was in silent, but chuckled a little bit.

"Yes. Yes, you'll run the Gauntlet. And I'm gonna run it with you." Lou said.

The crowd cheered.

"I wanna run your Gauntlet, Lou!" The female doll shouted from the crowd.

"Yeah! Activate the core. Intimidating warm-up grunts." Lou said a she do warm up moves.

"You? Run the Gauntlet?" Moxy asked.

"I don't even have to win. I just need to make sure you lose. And when I'm done, I'll have my loyal subjects escort each and every last UglyDoll to Recycling... where you belonged in the first place." Lou explained.

The UglyDolls and the pretty dolls were getting ready for the Gauntlet. When Dawn was fixing her hair to put it in a braided hair as she was getting ready, Lou winks and her and Dawn blushes as she smiles, which it makes Tuesday gets angry from it and Lucky Bat confused.

"Now, as you all know, the Gauntlet is designed to simulate real-world obstacles. The participants must make it through the doggy door and cross the finish line to win." The robot explained about the Gauntlet.