Chapter 8: Dawn's Flashback

The UglyDolls and Dawn were still walking with Mandy leading them while it was started at night time. When the UglyDolls were distracted, Dawn looks around until she accidentally bumped into someone, it was Nolan who was sitting on the floor, near the porch of his house.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Dawn said.

"No, it's okay. It was my fault anyway." Nolan said.

"Are you the same guy that asked the girls and got insulted by Lou during his performance?" Dawn asked.

"Yeah, I know that I don't look like the other guys but I'm still okay." Nolan said.

"I'm Dawn." Dawn said.

"I'm Nolan." Nolan said.

"It's nice to meet you." Dawn said.

"Aren't you gonna catch up with your friends over there?" Nolan asked as he points.

Dawn looks up to see the UglyDolls and Mandy from far distance.

"It's okay. I'll get to them in the morning." Dawn said.

Dawn sits down next to Nolan and they both look at the night with the moon and the stars. Nolan blushes as Dawn was getting closer to him.

"The night is beautiful." Dawn said happily.

"I heard that your new here." Nolan said.

"Yes, I've never been here before." Dawn said.

"I can't wait to get ready to go to the Big World, since I want to be with a kid." Nolan said.

"Let me guess. Kids are very special and important to we perfect dolls to be loved. But when you with them it's like..." Dawn explained until she went silent stops.

Nolan looks at Dawn and she was starting to have tears going out of her eyes.

"Even though if something will happened to your kid, you are left behind alone. Because if might end that way." Dawn explained.

"What do you mean?" Nolan asked.

"You might encounter to the time that you are not with your child anymore." Dawn answered.

Nolan realized what Dawn was talking about.

"How do you know that?" Nolan asked.

"Because, it did really happen to my owner Emily. She was my life." Dawn said.

IN DAWN'S FLASHBACK...

Dawn was a favorite doll to be important to a 4 year old little girl named Emily, in the "Winston" Family from years ago since she got her as a birthday gift after Emily's father created Dawn. She would just take Dawn with her everywhere like the city park, one of her friends' house, even to her school to play with her most of the time. Emily would just sleeps with Dawn in bed, eating meals at the dining table, play outside and inside, dressing Dawn up, combing and styling her hair, watching movies with Dawn, reading books, play with the other toys, and taking her everywhere for a family trip. It was a good lasting time for Dawn to this be with a child in the real world, she keeps Dawn in a box of old memories things since she started to grow up. But then one day, Emily was send to the hospital one day when she was 6 years old because she was diagnosed with heart cancer since she was starting to have problems with breathing for asthma, her parents do everything they can do to get enough money for Emily's health. When the parents visit Emily at the hospital, they would bring Dawn with them for their visiting hours and they both have decided to leave Dawn with Emily most of the time to play, eating meals, watching movies, reading books, and sleep with her until one day, Emily passed away few months later. Emily's parents Frank and Jennifer Winston comes back to the hospital and talk to the doctors to about the bad news. They took a last look at Emily for their goodbyes and takes Dawn to a box of Emily's old things. On the next day while holding a funeral for Emily Winston's memorial, a group of men were packing a lot of boxes to load up in a van, including the box that Dawn was in with Emily's old bedroom things. She looked at the view of the memorial while the van was getting ready to leave, she sits down to look at a picture of the Winston family with Dawn. While she looking at the picture, Dawn picks up the photo, sits down and cries in tears as the van starts to drive away. It was the reason that why was Dawn was feeling sad, because she was alone for the entire time.

THE FLASHBACK ENDS

Nolan was surprised about Dawn's past and Dawn still has the same photo of her owner with the family.

"I was afraid that kids will be gone by any sickness and they won't live long enough, if I go through it again." Dawn said.

"So, that's means..." Nolan said.

"I'm a used doll." Dawn said.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Nolan said.

"It's okay, at least that my friends and everyone doesn't know about this." Dawn said.

Dawn starts to folds up the picture and hides it.

"How come?" Nolan asked.

"Because if I do tell them, they would not trust me. They would might said that I am nothing but a used doll with a broken heart." Dawn said.

"But I do understand you. I don't think that you are a used doll with a broken heart since I met you." Nolan said.

"Thanks." Dawn said.

Dawn gives Nolan a hug, he blushes and he hugs back.

"But promise that you would not tell anyone about this. They still can't know everything about it. Please?" Dawn asked.

"Of course. But you have to tell everyone when you get a chance, it's up to yourself." Nolan said.

"Okay. Goodnight." Dawn said and smiles.

"Goodnight." Nolan said happily.

Dawn leaves for her way to go back to Lou's mansion to sleep there. Nolan went back to his house to bed.