Chapter 9: Mandy's Glasses

Later on, Mandy was still keeps on leading down thorough the houses while the UglyDolls were following her behind.

"We are definitely not 'Doll Type 12.' Everything is so different here." Moxy said.

"I'd say." Wage said.

"So you guys actually live in these boxes? Not that they're bad boxes. They're all neat and organized and straight... and symmetrical and clean and..." Babo explained about the houses.

Babo started to get dizzy until he stops.

"Whew. I'm okay." Babo said.

Mandy turns around and accidentally hits a tree,

"Silly tree. Oh, my goodness. Okay. This way, please." Mandy said and walks off.

They all stopped to see a old wooden shed with cardboard boxes.

"What is that?" Moxy asked.

"That would be the supply she... I mean suite. Your home away from home." Mandy said.

"We are staying there?" Babo asked happily

"I love it!" Moxy shouted happily.

The UglyDolls runs up to get into the shed to look around as Mandy watches them.

"Am I the only one seeing this?" Ugly Dog asked.

"It's so industrial chic." Mandy said.

"Industrial chic? It's a shed. I mean, there's boxes and a mop." Ugly Dog said.

"Dibs on the mop and the bucket of dirty water." Babo said.

Babo hits the bucket of water and it lands on Ugly Dog.

"Check out my spare tire." Wage said and jumps on a tire.

"It matches my other tire." Babo said.

"This place is perfect for us." Moxy said.

"Hey, hey, guys. I'm really glad you like it and all. But I didn't get your names." Mandy said.

"Sorry. I'm Moxy." Moxy said.

"Babo." Babo said.

"Lucky Bat." Lucky Bat said.

"Wage." Wage said.

"Folks call me Ugly Dog." Ugly Dog said.

"Because that's his name." Wage said.

"But those close to me call me Slick Dog." Ugly Dog said.

"Which is not his name." Wage said.

"Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi. So are you really here just to train for the Big World?" Mandy asked.

"You bet! And we're all gonna end up with our own special kid to love." Moxy said.

"You do know that Lou is gonna make it super hard, right?" Mandy asked.

"Well, I say bring it on, Louis." Moxy said.

"He means well, of course. Though he can be a bit judgmental." Mandy said.

"Ya think?" Wage asked.

"Still, without his constructive criticism, none of us would ever get anywhere. So just stay on his good side." Mandy explained.

Mandy turns around to get to the door, but she hits the side of the door instead.

"Ow!" Mandy said as she falls.

As she falls, a pair of glasses comes out and the UglyDolls sees it.

"Cool glasses." Ugly Dog said.

Mandy gasps and tries to get the glass, but Ugly Dog got them first. And they all tried them on, one by one as Mandy gets them back.

"I always wanted some specs." Ugly Dog said.

"Ooh, yeah!" Moxy said.

"Excuse me!" Mandy said.

"I feel smarter already!" Moxy said.

"No!" Mandy said.

"Do I look wiser?" Lucky Bat asked.

"Oh, yeah!" Babo said.

"No! Please, just... Please!" Mandy shouted.

"Huh?" The UglyDolls asked.

The gang sees Mandy was starting to cry.

"We're sorry." Moxy said.

Wage gives the glasses back to Mandy, the UglyDolls feels bad.

"Please don't say anything, guys. Especially not to Lou." Mandy said.

"Lots of dolls wear glasses in Uglyville. Even Five-Eyed Steve." Moxy said.

"This is the Institute of Perfection, and Perfect Dolls have perfect eyesight." Mandy said.

Mandy goes back to the door again, but gets hit again.

"Oh!" The UglyDolls said.

Mandy finally walks out of the door and leaves.

"Man, and I thought I had issues." Wage said.

"Do you feel that electricity between us?" Ugly Dog asked as he walks up to the window.

Ugly Dog and Wage sees Mandy through the window.

"Watch this. She's gonna turn around. She's gonna turn around." Ugly Dog said.

They don't see Mandy from the window while she was walking.

"She's doing the old 'don't turn around' move." Ugly Dog said to Wage.

"Well, she didn't need glasses to see through you." Wage said.

Mandy looks down as she walks away until she looks up.

"Whoa!" Mandy said as she stops.

Mandy was so close to a wall. She decided to put on her glasses to see clearly.

"Hey, Mandy!" Moxy shouted as she pops up.

Mandy screams in fear that see didn't see Moxy.

"Sorry. I think your glasses look special. They make you who you are." Moxy said.

Mandy started to smile.

"Yeah, but..." Mandy said.

"No butts about it! See you tomorrow!" Moxy said and she waves and run off to go to the shed for the night.

Mandy takes off of her glasses, looks down at them in desperately and walks away.