Chapter 14: Ox's Truth

The UglyDolls were in their outfits like the perfect dolls, walking as the perfect dolls was shocked, disgusted, and backing away as they sees them. Kitty, Lydia, and Tuesday were there now and sees what's going on.

"O..." Lydia said.

"M..." Kitty said.

"Gosh." Tuesday said.

The UglyDolls still keeps on walking as Mandy sees the view in the crowd. Lou sees them, that's when they stop in front of him.

"What is this?" Lou asked while smiling.

"Look at my bangs." Babo said as he points to the brown hair on his head.

Tuesday gasps that it was her thing.

"Face it, doll. They look better on him." Lydia said to Tuesday.

"We're Pretty Dolls now." Moxy said.

"Well, you certainly are." Lou said.

"So, you're happy for us?" Moxy asked.

"So happy." Lou said.

"Why does he always have to say it in that tone?" Ugly Dog asked.

"And yet so sad." Lou said.

"There he goes again." Ugly Dog said.

"You see, I'm afraid all your hard work has been for nothing." Lou said.

"What do you mean?" Moxy asked.

"No amount of makeup or fancy new clothes or dollscaping..." Lou said.

"Excuse you?" Babo asked.

"Can take away the fact that deep down, you are UglyDolls. There's no changing that. UglyDolls can never pass the Gauntlet." Lou explained.

"We don't believe you." Moxy said.

"You don't believe me? I suspected as much. But maybe you'll believe him." Lou said.

The girls move out of the way and there was Ox. The UglyDolls gasps and Tuesday gasps as well.

"Hello? We kidnapped him." Kitty said to Tuesday.

"Oh, yeah." Tuesday said.

"Ox? I... I don't understand." Moxy said.

"Moxy." Ox said.

"Ox. Wait. You won't believe this. The Big World is real!" Moxy said.

"I know." Ox said.

"What?" Moxy said.

"Come on, Ox. Relieve the poor creatures of their confusion. Why don't you start at the beginning." Lou said to Ox

"What's he talking about?" Moxy asked.

"Moxy, all I wanted to do was protect you. But Lou's right. You're never gonna get to the Big World. Let me try to explain." Ox said.

Ox tells the UglyDolls his flashback story from the past.

"It all began in the Doll Factory. I don't know how, but I ended up here at the Institute. Lou welcomed me and we became close friends. And after I begged and begged, he even let me train. I even felt like I might have a shot at the Big World. I was messing it up for the others, and they started to turn on me. I was scared. It was only Lou who saved me by showing me a way out. I wandered into the dark, and that's when I discovered the ugly truth about who we are and where we came from. We, UglyDolls, are nothing but rubbish. The humans found us unlovable and threw us away. I blocked the way to Recycling, so that outcast dolls would be diverted to our cove." Ox explained as he tells the story.

The flashback ended.

"We are rejects." Ox said.

The UglyDolls gasps.

"No!" Moxy said.

"We belong in Uglyville where reject dolls can live safe and free of anyone else's judgment." Ox said.

Moxy started to cry as she know it.

"Oh, Moxy, look at you. This is what I've been trying to protect you from. But I realized you'd need to hear it from your oldest friend. You don't belong in the Big World. You don't belong anywhere. You shouldn't even exist." Lou said.

"Moxy, I'm so sorry I lied." Ox said to Moxy.

"So, there's no Big World for us? No kid waiting?" Moxy asked as she looks at the big screen.

Moxy started.walks backwards slowly.

"I'm so sorry, everyone. This is all my fault. I should never..." Moxy said and then runs away while crying.

"Moxy, wait! Wait!" Ox shouted.

"Now, Ox, I'm an amazingly magnanimous guy, so I'll tell you what. Leave your friend Dawn here since she is just like everyone. I'll tell her about this for you. Go back to Uglyville. Live your little ugly lives. Never come back here. And if you do, it's Recycling for everyone." Lou explained to Ox.

The UglyDolls walks back slowly in depressed.

"I bet they'll be back. That little pink one never gives up." Lydia said.

"Yes, well, neither do I." Lou said and leaves.

The perfect doll walked away afterwards and so did with Kitty, Lydia, and Tuesday, but except Mandy, since she was worried about to the UglyDolls.